The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 719 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/portal.php 719 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,160
» Latest member: fmorrison
» Forum threads: 7,959
» Forum posts: 97,616

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Oil Pressure Gauge Proble...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: David Stepney
40 minutes ago
» Replies: 24
» Views: 700
Modified Cam Followers
Last Post: Terrytuned
5 hours ago
» Replies: 31
» Views: 1,306
Finished my special
Last Post: Charles Levien
6 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 329
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
10 hours ago
» Replies: 6,368
» Views: 1,375,591
Trials Tyres 2
Last Post: David Cochrane
Yesterday, 04:15 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 2,157
self compensating brakes
Last Post: Charles P
13-09-2024, 02:52 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 140
Building my first Austin ...
Last Post: Reckless Rat
13-09-2024, 02:10 PM
» Replies: 272
» Views: 16,483
Just wondering
Last Post: Reckless Rat
13-09-2024, 01:22 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 356
reputable car transportat...
Last Post: Ian Wegg
13-09-2024, 08:05 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 207
Wing Screw Thread ?
Last Post: Robert Leigh
12-09-2024, 09:41 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 245

Return to the fold.
Posted by: pigtin - 10-08-2017, 11:50 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Just found the forum again after messing about on a fishing forum for years. Did a rewire and brake update on the Special last winter. Made the rear brake shoes 'floating.' A great improvement.
It's nice being called a 'Junior Member' in my 80th year. Wink

Print this item

3 bearing pressure fed engine
Posted by: awentsbury - 10-08-2017, 11:08 AM - Forum: Sales - Replies (1)

I have a 3 bearing pressure fed engine to sell , it came with my nippy many years ago .
The engine is stripped down , I had the crankshaft crack tested and it was fine .
aluminium sports sump with the 9 E cast into it , tulip valves but 3 vales are missing in the Block , Dante aluminium sports head , sports canshaft.
Crankcase is un drilled where the oil jets normally go .
All the bits seem to be there apart from 3 valves.
White metal looks good in the con rods and crank looks fine .
con rods are for floating pins .
Strange that they used white metal in these engines, i thought 3 bearings would have had shells.
I have kept the nippy carb , manafold and head as I am using them on my nippy.
I am looking for offers over £3000.00 for this very rare engine that must be a late nippy or speedy engine.
ian
ian@awentsbury.com

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

News from 10th of August
Posted by: Management - 10-08-2017, 09:32 AM - Forum: What's new or coming up... - No Replies

- Date format changed as requested;

- UK English will be implemented as a selectable language during next days;

- Automated emails still producing problems, we switched to admin activation for registering for the time being;

- There will be a security update of the board system in the near future, we'll keep you informed, when.
We need to take the board offline for that for about 30 min, so this will take place during GMT night time and will be anounced timely;

Kind regards

Print this item

Nippy sidescreens
Posted by: JonE - 10-08-2017, 06:21 AM - Forum: Sales - No Replies

set of sidescreen frames, still useable, and on door (rather than in door) brackets x 4 
£160
includes some replacement transparent material
message me for photos.

Print this item

Additional Block Studs
Posted by: Ian Williams - 09-08-2017, 10:00 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

Here are a couple of pictures for Charles Ping relating to his post on the old forum, hope they are of interest 

Print this item

Ghastly Special
Posted by: Duncan Grimmond - 09-08-2017, 09:05 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (27)

Now that we're up and running here (well done chaps), I can post some pics of a ghastly spacial I saw in Puy Notre-Dame. The idea may have been sound but the execution looked as if it had been done in a badly-fitting home-made bender with wooden jaws...or perhaps over the edge of the kitchen table
If he took a sound body off to do this he deserves a horse-whipping!

Print this item

3 bearing pressure fed Engine
Posted by: awentsbury - 09-08-2017, 11:32 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

I have a 3 bearing pressure fed engine to sell , it came with my nippy many years ago .
The engine is stripped down , I had the crankshaft crack tested and it was fine .
aluminium sports sump with the 9 E cast into it , tulip valves but 3 vales are missing in the Block , Dante aluminium sports head , sports canshaft.
Crankcase is un drilled where the oil jets normally go .
All the bits seem to be there apart from 3 valves.
White metal looks good in the con rods and crank looks fine .
con rods are for floating pins .
Strange that they used white metal in these engines, i thought 3 bearings would have had shells.
I have kept the nippy carb , manafold and head as I am using them on my nippy.
I am looking for offers over £3000.00 for this very rare engine that must be a late nippy or speedy engine.
ian
ian@awentsbury.com

Print this item

Torque tube replacement
Posted by: David Kanally - 09-08-2017, 12:43 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

After an extended period of delinquency, I have successfully replaced the torque tube on my '33 RP Saloon.  Looking forward to putting on some Texas miles this fall!

This repair was facilitated in large measure by Ruairidh, to whom I am grateful.  Smile

I just noticed that with the starting of the new Forum, I'm a junior member with zero reputation.  Both of these things are flattering.  I have not been a junior member of anything in decades, and let's just say, my reputation is somewhere other than zero.  Cool

Print this item

Multiple pictures
Posted by: Derek Sheldon - 08-08-2017, 10:05 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (12)

Has anybody sorted out how to post multiple pictures ?. Can somebody in the know do an idiots guide for this sort of thing such as we had on the previous forum. Please

Print this item

Inspection
Posted by: karlanderson - 08-08-2017, 10:05 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

Newby to the forum...

Considering the purchase of an Austin 7 Ruby Mk 1 (1935 (BZ 3006)) as a first Classic.  Wondering where to start in terms of having it inspected / what due diligence is necessary?  I'd be willing to spend on worthwhile improvements / maintenance.  Car is currently in North East England.

As a novice to old car ownership I'm unaware of the maintenance, but I'm "handy".  Would hope to cover 5k a year as a second / weekend motor.

Appreciate any advice, thanks in advance!

Karl

Advertisement

Video (Presume just before current Advertisement)

Print this item