The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,160
» Latest member: fmorrison
» Forum threads: 7,959
» Forum posts: 97,616

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Oil Pressure Gauge Proble...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: David Stepney
29 minutes ago
» Replies: 24
» Views: 700
Modified Cam Followers
Last Post: Terrytuned
5 hours ago
» Replies: 31
» Views: 1,306
Finished my special
Last Post: Charles Levien
5 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 329
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
10 hours ago
» Replies: 6,368
» Views: 1,375,591
Trials Tyres 2
Last Post: David Cochrane
Yesterday, 04:15 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 2,157
self compensating brakes
Last Post: Charles P
13-09-2024, 02:52 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 140
Building my first Austin ...
Last Post: Reckless Rat
13-09-2024, 02:10 PM
» Replies: 272
» Views: 16,483
Just wondering
Last Post: Reckless Rat
13-09-2024, 01:22 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 356
reputable car transportat...
Last Post: Ian Wegg
13-09-2024, 08:05 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 207
Wing Screw Thread ?
Last Post: Robert Leigh
12-09-2024, 09:41 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 245

How brave do you have to be?
Posted by: Phil Kingdom - 30-08-2017, 03:01 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (8)

An engineer friend of mine comments made me laugh after he had his first drive in a Austin Seven Ulster this week, he has been for many years involved with the design and manufacture of many of the more exotic kit cars models over the years and regularly used to drive what was generally excepted to be one of the most powerful  road going kit cars ever made with a top speed of well over 160 mph, he also made for himself a Caterham type kit car fitted with a gas turbine helicopter engine and has just finished a rather special hot rod style vehicle  fitted with camber compensation suspension and a 6.2L engine, he has raced motor bikes and off road vehicles and even lawn mowers, so you can see he is no stranger  to speed and excitement. here is the comment he made on Facebook after a drive in an Austin. These things are scary compared to mine what with the high centre of gravity and cable brakes it's terrifying.

Print this item

1931 Boat Tail Tourer for sale
Posted by: Jack in the Box - 30-08-2017, 01:22 PM - Forum: Sales - Replies (3)

We are trying to help a friend of ours who has lost her husband recently, by selling their much loved Boat Tail Tourer.

Currently it is listed on the Car & Classic website. It has just been resprayed in cream with green wings and has a recent new hood, sidescreens and seats. It is located in East Sussex, priced at £16,500 OVNO.

We went to see Rod Yates today and he thinks it is worth every penny.

Please let us know if you can help to find it a new home.

Many thanks

Alan

Print this item

Austin 7 GE Cup Model seats
Posted by: Tom Coates - 30-08-2017, 12:54 PM - Forum: Sales - No Replies

I have a cup model seat for sale on eBay
Starting price £60

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-seven...3176563491

Print this item

Pudding basin steering wheel
Posted by: Tom Coates - 30-08-2017, 12:44 PM - Forum: Sales - No Replies

I have a chummy steering wheel for sale on eBay.

It has a small crack across the pinch bolt hole but is in good condition, having been re-covered and is a good fit on the shaft.

Starting price £150. Can be posted or collected from London or Somerset.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-seven...3176547953

Print this item

electronic distributors - any further feedback?
Posted by: JonE - 29-08-2017, 06:42 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (107)

Following the excellent thread on the old forum around the new and presently discounted Austin 7 distributor, are there any relatively new purchasers who can add evidence... to that already given?

Print this item

Taps and dies
Posted by: JonE - 29-08-2017, 03:27 PM - Forum: Sales - Replies (5)

I've got a lot of BSF/ BSW taps and dies which I was going to list on ebay but can see it might be better just to find someone who wants everything they might possibly need, as they aren't worth a great deal each.
I can send someone a list if of interest... or let me know if there is anything you are specifically after.
regards

Print this item

Attachments not working (FIXED)
Posted by: Timothy P - 29-08-2017, 02:23 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (3)

After installing a plugin to solve a problem with images rotating on upload, attachments are now failing unless of very small size.
We are trying to solve this, but disabling the plugin does not seem to have helped.
Please bear with us while we try to resume usual service.

Print this item

Well I'm chuffed !
Posted by: Steve Bryant - 29-08-2017, 01:43 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Hi all,
 I'm chuffed!  I went to a military collectors club swap meet and show Saturday and found this delightful 2.5 liter oil container for $10 Canadian !  It should make a nice addition to the kit for the Seven van I'm thinking. The container  is all tin construction soldered together, measuring  9" long by 3 " wide by 6 1/2 " high. 

From the spelling on the embossed label I suspect the tin is of German origin. If any of you can throw some light on this I would appreciate hearing from you.
Any suggestions for colour when repainting it?
Cheers,
Stephen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Dutch Club weekend
Posted by: Andrew Fallon - 28-08-2017, 09:52 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

The Dutch Pre-war Austin Seven Owners celebrated their 35th anniversary in style last weekend.
Some interesting guests showed up. The sun for example.
Then we had Ralph and Richard Lance - still having breakfast when this picture was taken - with their lovely Nippy.
Scroll down for two canine back seat drivers and a very smart mustard-coloured Rosengart on one of the river ferries we took. No doubt Ruairidh will be especially interested in the latter.

PS Last week, GG 8095 (now AM-89-99) clocked up her 85th year since being registered in Glasgow. With an AccuSpark pacemaker where there used to be a Lucas DJ4, she took the 150 mile anniversary run in her stride, still craving for more when it was all over on Sunday evening.

Print this item

Two Chummies
Posted by: Duncan Grimmond - 28-08-2017, 06:14 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Out today I saw a yellow Chummy FB 6790 with brass headlights driving from the Knaresborough area towards Pool or Otley and in the current issue of Octane magazine which a friend passes on was an RAC Chummy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item