The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,160
» Latest member: fmorrison
» Forum threads: 7,959
» Forum posts: 97,616

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Oil Pressure Gauge Proble...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: David Stepney
31 minutes ago
» Replies: 24
» Views: 700
Modified Cam Followers
Last Post: Terrytuned
5 hours ago
» Replies: 31
» Views: 1,306
Finished my special
Last Post: Charles Levien
5 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 329
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
10 hours ago
» Replies: 6,368
» Views: 1,375,591
Trials Tyres 2
Last Post: David Cochrane
Yesterday, 04:15 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 2,157
self compensating brakes
Last Post: Charles P
13-09-2024, 02:52 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 140
Building my first Austin ...
Last Post: Reckless Rat
13-09-2024, 02:10 PM
» Replies: 272
» Views: 16,483
Just wondering
Last Post: Reckless Rat
13-09-2024, 01:22 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 356
reputable car transportat...
Last Post: Ian Wegg
13-09-2024, 08:05 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 207
Wing Screw Thread ?
Last Post: Robert Leigh
12-09-2024, 09:41 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 245

Pinion dual bearing nut tab lockwasher
Posted by: Dennis Nicholas - 28-08-2017, 04:35 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

1938/39 back axle
Hi all.  the left hand thread nut that holds the dual purpose bearing onto the pinion has a lock washer with an internal tab that sits in a groove in the thread of the pinion.  Would you but the tab facing backwards under the bearing or forwards under the nut?  The tab does not seem to want to go all the way in under the bearing (my initial thought of correct way round).  My thinking is that if tab is under nut it could get pulled round when undoing/tightening nut and jamb in nut thread and pinion thread.

Dennis

Print this item

Ruby half shafts
Posted by: Ian Robert - 28-08-2017, 03:40 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

Hi , back axle removed and out diff casing opened with view to removing half shaft
Not sliding out but it appears that there are 6 "pins" , 3 of which are holding gears
 And the other 3 look as tho they locate the carrier which also acts to lock the 6 nuts.
Would someone confirm that the carrier should pull out from the 3 pins that do not 
Have gears possibly with the encouragement of the (gentle) use of a drift. Or am I misreading it completely. Hopefully photo attached.
Ian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Sad brake cross shaft
Posted by: clivesu48 - 28-08-2017, 03:31 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

I have now moved onto the brakes on my (easy project to restore special x#!!*) having now taken engine out and body off!! The brake cross shaft was seized  solid and after much heat , copious amounts of WD40 and cuss words that even I didn't know I knew I finally got the cotter pins out and the cross shaft off.
can any one tell me if the compensating beam is fixed rigid to the balance lever as on mine or should it pivot ie move on the pivot pin, and there did not apear to be any felt washers or remnants of ,anywhere on the shaft , should there be or did some 7's not have them I do not know what model the chassis is from but it is reputed to be 1934 chassis number not apparent anywhere. if it is advisable to have felt washers how thick should they be ? Ihave seen an article on a blog showing the varous components including felt washers.I have also seen an article by Trevor Sharp to improve braking by puting  bigger expander rollers on the brake cones  does this work and is it worth doing ?
Thanks in advance (still fettling away and looking for the horizon)
Clivesu

Print this item

15-inch Blumels Steering Wheel (reproduction)
Posted by: Peter Johnson - 27-08-2017, 01:34 PM - Forum: Sales - No Replies

For sale:

15" Blumels style steering wheel (reproduction). I was going to use this on my GE Cup Model, but there isn't enough clearance to the dashboard.

Currently on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202037544408?s...1555.l2649

Print this item

Oil change
Posted by: Nigel was in Brittany - 27-08-2017, 01:12 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

My first post on the new forum ,there was a thread running on the Bravenet forum about running in on 30 oil with the Australian pistons (ex Holmsdale sevens ) and what milage to change the oil . I have done 301 miles on the oil , is it time to change it , and can I now use Halfords Classic 20 /50 ?.

Print this item

Transmission knocking - guidance sought
Posted by: Phil D - 27-08-2017, 09:34 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (13)

As a bit of a novice, I'd be glad of advice, please. Driving my 1930 Box this morning developed a knocking on overrun. Knocking slows as car slows. Same noise irrespective of clutch engagement. Seems to be midway in car but hard to tell. Noise is there under slight load but less pronounced.
Where's best to start?   Thanks

Print this item

Ulster height
Posted by: Erich - 27-08-2017, 05:01 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (14)

I'm working on modifying a trailer for my Ulster Replica which is presently in Sussex and I am in the US. Can anyone let me know what the height is of an Ulster Replica with aero screens, no hood, standard lowered configuration. I would guess about 3 feet, but an exact measurement would be helpful.

Erich in Seattle

Print this item

Please help locate Austin 7 FDH 378
Posted by: Find FDH378 - 27-08-2017, 03:59 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Hi from Sydney, Australia

[Image: mcS0mk] https://ibb.co/mcS0mk

Here's a link to a picture of FDH 378 - my grandad's first car he bought after WW2. It's a blue and blank 1935 Austin 7 Ruby. He owned it through the 1950s and later up-sized to a Humber to fit his family of seven children!

According to the UK registration check, it still exists and is linked to the Midlands Austin 7 club and the Austin 7 club of London.

Has anyone seen this car? Own it? Know of it?

I'd love to find out where it is - and hear stories of its current life.

Kind regards,

Alastair

Print this item

engine cylinder block 1933-ish
Posted by: JonE - 26-08-2017, 02:44 PM - Forum: Sales - Replies (4)

good sleeved standard block, i.e. back at 'datum' measurement 2.19". Probably wants a light hone (is that the right word?) before use. 
I can take photos of anything you want inspected.
£80
Another thing kicking around that realistically I'm never going to make into an engine so might as well help someone else do so.

Print this item

Bantam Truck
Posted by: Ian Williams - 26-08-2017, 10:38 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (10)

I have been asked to assist with re-commissioning a American Bantam Van, it was dismantled many, many years ago and restoration was started but never completed. I have been tasked with reassembling the vehicle and am seeking information and contacts who may be able to assist. I will post pictures in due course but as far as I can tell at this early stage the attached depict a similar van.

.jpg   bantam panel truck.jpg (Size: 90.58 KB / Downloads: 364)

Print this item