Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,162
» Latest member: sonjahinton
» Forum threads: 7,960
» Forum posts: 97,633

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
My Kiwi Reproduction ulst...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Hairy
2 hours ago
» Replies: 66
» Views: 20,390
Top Gear 1982
Last Post: David Cochrane
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 240
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
5 hours ago
» Replies: 6,378
» Views: 1,376,066
Crank Whip
Last Post: Alan
5 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 232
nippy body
Forum: Wants
Last Post: phillips
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
GOING TO BEAULIEU ?
Last Post: Howard Wright
Yesterday, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 638
Modified Cam Followers
Last Post: Ian Williams
17-09-2024, 09:38 PM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 1,590
Oil Pressure Gauge Proble...
Last Post: David Stepney
16-09-2024, 08:26 PM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 783
Finished my special
Last Post: Charles Levien
16-09-2024, 03:04 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 399
Trials Tyres 2
Last Post: David Cochrane
15-09-2024, 04:15 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 2,186

Music Hong Kong Sevens!
Posted by: David.H - 04-09-2017, 02:12 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

.jpg   IMG_9508.JPG chitti.JPG (Size: 127.36 KB / Downloads: 365) Not the oval ball type!
I have almost got a 1932 AG tourer with an interesting history. It went from Hong Kong to California in 1971/72. It has what I think is a Hong Kong Tax Disc that ran out 31.10 70, and a registration number AP 9057. it's colour was blue/black. (now yellow/black) There are some Chinese characters on the white & Black disc as well.
As yet I don't have the Chassis etc numbers confirmed, so cannot identify the car 100%, but it is a short chassis steel body "Chummy " style
Any one got any information? Even abut HK registration numbers

Print this item

Austin 7 engine dating please?
Posted by: Kalanwade - 04-09-2017, 12:28 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Hi

I am looking to restore an Austin 7 engine owned by my father to run as a static engine but need help to identify/date it so that I can source the correct parts. The number stamped on it is M222396. Dad seems to think that it is mid '30s.....? Can anyone help please?

Print this item

KopHill Climb 16-09-2017 17-09-2017
Posted by: Oxford Jack - 04-09-2017, 11:05 AM - Forum: Events - Replies (1)

Starts: 16-09-2017
Ends: 17-09-2017

KopHill Climb

Kop Hill Climb, Princes Risborough, Bucks. 500 classic veteran, vintage, cars and bikes.
http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/entrants.html
Still paddock places available, 750 Club attendance and usually several interesting 7's entered for the climb.
Many other attractions, soapbox derby, dodgems, original wooden Wall of Death, live music,

Print this item

Beaulieu 2017
Posted by: Phil Kingdom - 04-09-2017, 10:18 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

Included in the junk, oh, sorry rare desirable items at bargain prices we took to Beaulieu this year was some Ruby window glass, a full set minus one of the door glasses that we could not find, it sat at the front of the stall and attracted no interest what so ever. Having had a good Saturday for both buying and selling and with the weather looking bad for Sunday we decided to pack up early and move the van of the show ground before 8 o clock and have a wander around till about 10.30 then go home, not wanting to bring the glass home we gave it away, it was at this point we realised the other door glass was missing, yes it had been stolen from the stall! No great loss to us as we did not want it but there was no way we were going to bin it when it could help someone out. Well Mr or Mrs thief had you made the effort to enquire about the glass we could of probably persuaded you to take the lot for free.

Print this item

Cambridge Special - Wing Brackets
Posted by: Matt_Harnden - 04-09-2017, 07:49 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to help me by making a couple of new front wing mounting brackets for my Special.

These are the brackets that mount the wings and lamps to the body/radiator cowl.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Print this item

VSCC Prescott Long Course Hill Climb 23-09-2017
Posted by: Timothy P - 03-09-2017, 11:10 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (9)

Date: 23-09-2017

VSCC Prescott Long Course Hill Climb

From the VSCC Website

"Since its introduction in 2014, our ‘Long Course’ Hill Climb at Prescott has proved a hugely popular addition and thus separates from the traditional weekend to become its own standalone event towards this year’s Speed Championship this September.

Incorporating the ‘Ettore’s Loop’ extension, the longer circuit provides a ‘new’ challenge for Competitors and a real spectacle for those watching trackside as the usual array of Edwardian, Vintage and PVT Racing and Sports-Cars are joined by invited Post-war machinery.

The day will feature the usual free access to the Competitor Paddock as well as onsite catering facilities throughout the day."

Spectator tickets

In Advance
Members - £10 
Non-Members - £12

On the day
Members & Non-Members - £15

Practice runs start around 9:00AM

Check the VSCC website for more details HERE

Print this item

Events Sub-forum & Calendar
Posted by: Timothy P - 03-09-2017, 09:08 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Just a note to try to drum up some business for this part of the forum.
It is open to everyone registered for the rest of the forum. Anyone can post events they might be attending, and discuss events passed. Posting an event in the calendar or in the events forum now has the same result of linked thread and calendar post.
You can browse the calendar to find events others have posted that you might like to go to. Clicking an event on the calendar page will give you the events forum thread on the event where you can register an interest, ask questions or let people know you will be attending. After the event, if you have had a good day and taken some photo's then please do share in the event thread also. If you would like to have a look for past events to see photo's or post event analysis, then you can browse the events section of the forum.
I have posted a bit of a writeup, and photo's on the events I've been to over the last month so far...
Brooklands Reunion (Photo's kicked off by e-richard, thank you)
Swallow Register at Amberley Museum
Henstridge Airfield Wings & Wheels
Great Dorset Steam Fair

I've posted a guide in the top of the events forum if anyone is unsure of anything, the process for posting an event only really differs to starting a normal thread in that you have to select the date that the event is on. Please do give it a go, and check the guide or let me know if you experience any difficulties. I'm sure everyone would love to hear about and see pictures of events going on around the world.

A note that events do not appear in forum chat. so check out the events forum or the calendar for the latest.

Print this item

Images Rotating... (Possibly Fixed?)
Posted by: Timothy P - 03-09-2017, 07:09 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

A lot of users are finding their images are being rotated on upload to the forum.
The problem exists for images created on devices which apply 'exif orientation' data. There is a 'workaround' for PC users, and I have tried to use this to fix some of the images that have been flagged. This involves opening the image in paint, and clicking 'save as', effectively creating a clean file with none of the exif data, and seems to have worked for the images I have done.

This workaround is clearly not ideal, and the implementation of a built in solution is in the pipeline.
(Management tried it last week but it was removed as part of the troubleshooting of the other upload issue, now fixed)

In the meantime PC users can try the workaround, and I will continue to rotate those images that are 'flagged'.

Print this item

Ruby with Caravan
Posted by: Peter Naulls - 03-09-2017, 03:56 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

A rather nice Ruby and folding caravan in Autocar's "Summer Special" from July 1936. Can anyone identify the make? Similar concept to a Rice but perhaps slightly bigger.

Peter.

Print this item

Body inside padding
Posted by: "Slack Alice" Simon - 03-09-2017, 03:22 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

Hello, all

My '34 Tourer has traces of padding, like sound deadening material, between the vertical ribs on the inside of the rear body panel, visible when the seat back is removed.

Was there anything there originally, and if so, how was it fixed on?

The sidescreens are supposed to be stored here, so some padding is likely, I think.

But it wouldn't have been stuck on using upholsterer's spray contact adhesive, that's for sure!.

Thanks

Simon

Print this item