The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,162
» Latest member: sonjahinton
» Forum threads: 7,960
» Forum posts: 97,633

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
My Kiwi Reproduction ulst...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Hairy
2 hours ago
» Replies: 66
» Views: 20,394
Top Gear 1982
Last Post: David Cochrane
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 241
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
6 hours ago
» Replies: 6,378
» Views: 1,376,067
Crank Whip
Last Post: Alan
6 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 233
nippy body
Forum: Wants
Last Post: phillips
7 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
GOING TO BEAULIEU ?
Last Post: Howard Wright
Yesterday, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 638
Modified Cam Followers
Last Post: Ian Williams
17-09-2024, 09:38 PM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 1,590
Oil Pressure Gauge Proble...
Last Post: David Stepney
16-09-2024, 08:26 PM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 783
Finished my special
Last Post: Charles Levien
16-09-2024, 03:04 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 399
Trials Tyres 2
Last Post: David Cochrane
15-09-2024, 04:15 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 2,186

Starter motor not turning engine
Posted by: 1938austin7 - 20-08-2017, 01:58 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

Hello,

I have a starter motor that would spin, but not engage the engine.  It was working fine a few months ago but the last time I tried to start the car (before pulling the engine apart) it wouldn't turn the engine at all.

Anyone had a similar problem, and solutions would be greatly appreciated.  I want it working again when I get the engine back together. (1938 Austin 7)

Thanks

Geoff

Print this item

News from 19th of August
Posted by: Management - 19-08-2017, 09:56 PM - Forum: What's new or coming up... - No Replies

- automated emails now work on account activation and contact page, and should work even on password reset requests.
If encountering any problems, contact us...  Big Grin

- calendar and event threat work (great (!)), thanks to Timothy P for bringing it up and investing time researching, how to readjust the scripts to get it to work with our board.

- security update will be conducted end of next week, we will keep you informed via an anouncement.

Kind regards

Print this item

Lucas 12V cut out
Posted by: Erich - 19-08-2017, 09:48 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Hi All,

My car(Ulster rep) has been converted to 12 v using a Morris Minor 1000 cut out. The car is physically in the UK(I'm in Seattle) and realized I'm not sure if it is fused. Looking at what I think is the same cut out on Ebay, it appears that there is a single fuse under the cover. Is this correct and is this all I need, or should I consider a separate fuse block? In photos of original Sevens, which are obviously 6V, there appear to be two covers, one for the cut out and I assume the other for a fuse block. Will one fuse answer my needs, or should I try to find a 12V cut out that has a fuse block under a separate cover?

Erich

Print this item

Devon Austin Seven Club Annual Driving Tests 26-08-2017
Posted by: NBS - 19-08-2017, 06:00 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (1)

Date: 26-08-2017

Devon Austin Seven Club Annual Driving Tests

Devon Austin Seven Club Annual Driving Tests

New rescheduled date from 20th August due to forecast

Bothy Bakehouse, Aish near Stoke Gabriel -TQ9 6PS

A popular annual event .A fun day for all the family in the South Hams enjoying non car damaging tests of driving and other skills.
Bring your own BBQ food or picnic lunch and demonstrate your cooking and eating skills too!
Tel. Ian Jones on 01803 782641 for more details.

If you are not a member you can join on the day.

Print this item

International beaulieu autojumbleLik
Posted by: Tony Betts - 19-08-2017, 11:42 AM - Forum: Events - Replies (12)

Starts: 02-09-2017
Ends: 03-09-2017

Beaulieu International Automobile

hi all,

It's that time again, and the UKs largest auto jumble is comeing. International beaulieu.

Perhaps austin 7 stall holders would like to list there stall numbers here so forum members can find them.

I'll start it off with, 7 county Austins. R333 & R334 as usual.

We've taken on a lot of interesting stuff over the last month, see our website http://www.7ca.co.uk

Plus tons of unusual stuff, there hasn't been time to list.

Verious close ratio gear box stuff, 3 speed gearbox with 4 forward gears, a running tuned engine with twin carbs alloy head and sump etc, 15 inch wheel sets, rosengart engine. And so on.

We can't take it all there, so let us know if there's something you want to see there.

Tony.

Print this item

1930 Supersports
Posted by: Erich - 18-08-2017, 07:57 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Hi All,

I understand that there is an original 1930 Supersports near me in Vancouver, B.C. It was a featured car at Pebble Beach in 2003. Does anyone know the history of this car and how original it is? It is apparently owned by David and Daphne Switzer.

Feeling autumn here in Seattle.

Erich

Print this item

Swallow Register at Amberley Museum, West Sussex 19-08-2017
Posted by: Timothy P - 18-08-2017, 06:04 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (8)

Date: 19-08-2017

Swallow Register at Amberley Museum, West Sussex

Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre, Arundel BN18 9LT

The swallow register are visiting Amberley Museum on Saturday, as part of their 'Swallow Weekend'. 
On the sunday they will be displaying at Weald & Downland Living Museum, as part of the Steam & Vintage Weekend. THREAD HERE
For more information check the Swallow Register page, HERE

Print this item

Question A7 route from Amsterdam to Italy...
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 18-08-2017, 09:14 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (19)

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has arrived in Amsterdam and then driven their Seven southwards please.

I am considering this port as an arrival point for an upcoming tour in the Austin and would appreciate some first hand knowledge of the smaller roads around this area - I have been told that it is a busy place and I do not want to end up on dual carriageways and motorways.

Print this item

Struggling to log on?
Posted by: Ruairidh Dunford - 18-08-2017, 08:43 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

A small number of users have contacted me as they were struggling to log on - should anyone else reading this be in the same situation please drop me a line to say so at:

dunford1@aol.com

and I will attempt to get it all working for you.

Print this item

This could have ended badly
Posted by: Mark McKibbin - 18-08-2017, 05:57 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Just removed the drop arm from a late model steering box, the crack is not visible from the outside and would be difficult to see with the drag link attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item