The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to Buy Silver Solder
Hi,

I need to source a small amount of both Easy Flow and Easy Run (hope that's the correct terminology) together with some suitable flux.   Probably one 200mm wire length of each grade will be enough or alternatively flat material I can cut down.

I haven't done any silver soldering for probably 30 years so I guess I may end up wasting some re-learning but at current prices I need to minimize waste.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a supplier or is it just a case of searching e-bay?

John.
Hi John

I’ve bought brass tubes and ba screws from this place.

https://maccmodels.co.uk/

They list various silver solders and fluxes.

Cheers

Howard
Hi , most model engineer suppliers have stocks of silver solder and flux.
I have just bought some silver solder from Cooksons Gold and from Kernocraft. I am using borax as a flux.

Jamie.
I got mine from :
Edwards Metals Ltd
37 Birch Road East
Wyrley Rd
Witton
Birmingham
B6 7DA 
tel : 0121 322 2366

Do an extensive range of Items, like rivets, bar, tube, sheet metals etc; were Educational suppliers to Birmingham when we did "proper" Metalwork !
You can get it from your local BOC Gas & Gear depot or online at www.boconline.co.uk.

Wherever you get it, be prepared to sit down when they give you the price - it is certainly not cheap!
Around 15 years ago i found several lenghs of silver solder on a golf course - very strange but i did my bit for the community and took it home so it would not effect anyones elses play!

There is only around 6" left, so i need to order more - very helpful suggestions, thank you