The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which tires do you run?
(02-08-2024, 07:40 PM)dickie65 Wrote: I am a bad Boy.
( 1934 EB65 )
I have been using Avon SM Rears on my car for years with no problems apart from the rears rubbing the wheel archs on hard cornering.
I have also experimented with 3.25 x 19 Dunlop K70 pattern these have a soft sidewall and squirmy tread so might be better suited to a trials chummy.
I found the Avon Triple duty to be OK for years.
I have now settled on Blockley 3.50 x 19 as the best suited tyre for hard driving. I will be giving them a workout at the MGCC Wiscombe Hillclimb in september. There are a couple of other Sevens entered as well.

At one time the Avon Sidecar tyre could be had as a 3.25. They can't have made many because, in the late 1960s, it took me ages to find a pair. Why on earth would one want 3.25-section tyres? Well, if well worn and fitted to a car with filed-down steering arm stops, it allowed a useful extra bit of lock in driving tests. PS - caution: if you are tempted to improve the lock of your road car, don't bother. It's all too easy to go too far with the steering going over-centre and the drag link hitting the hand-throttle arm and adding unwanted acceleration.
Tony's PL 3002 on 3.25x19 Avons:

.jpg   1971 Silverstone 800.jpg (Size: 106.32 KB / Downloads: 234)
Well, I am going to order some Longstones now...

Thank you all for your input.

Cheers, Oliver
Good choice  Smile