The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any ideas on date?
Thanks Nick, that is a helpful suggestion. Having just had a quick look, I can see there is the ability to leave comments on an image with a Flickr login. Perhaps I could create a 'generic' login for people who were willing to help and leave descriptive comments.

Hmmm.....
Failing that, try Pinterest - Flickr is better designed though.
(10-08-2024, 09:57 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Thanks Nick, that is a helpful suggestion. Having just had a quick look, I can see there is the ability to leave comments on an image with a Flickr login. Perhaps I could create a 'generic' login for people who were willing to help and leave descriptive comments.

Hmmm.....

Yes, that's how I would approach it. Create an account for you with full admin rights and a second generic one with limited ability to download etc. that you can share for people to add comments.
The second picture is in the June 1961 750 Bulletin, captioned Mike Eyre in the 1172 Pegasus and Tony Cross in his 750 Formula car. Above it is a picture captioned The 1937 Le Mans "Grasshopper" A.7.
Three more pictures are in the August issue, including the large Edwardian, which was loaned by Austin Motor Co..
All photos by John Farlie.
Cliff.
Thank you Cliff.. Yes, the photos are by John Farlie. We have been able to acquire (purchase) a large collection of his photos from a relative that I am working through, scanning, at the moment. Referring back to the earlier comments in this thread, I will almost certainly need help when it comes to creating catalogue entries for each image a) because I won't be able to identify many of them and b) the task will simply be too much to do as 1 person. I shall be looking for volunteers as soon as I have created an environment where people can assist...
Another for the Hive Mind. Team 38 in the sub-collection marked 'Birkett 6 Hour, early 60s' Can anyone suggest a more accurate date, please?

1966 or 67.
I can just make out Cooper Maserati on a out garage and it only competed in those two years
NV 318 is the 'Monza' ex De Villiers Ulster latterly owned by Geoff Harrison.  I believe that it is currently on the market for sale .
Thank you both..

Charles, does this photo of car 25B help narrow down a date, perhaps?