The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any ideas on date?
I have just embarked on scanning an important new collection of photos acquired by the Archive. I have a set just dated as 'Beaulieu early 60s' I wonder whether anyone would be able to narrow it down from the illustration on the entry booklet cover? Is that the Forrest? Would Austin or Henry care to hazard a guess?

many thanks in advance..

.jpg   Beaulieu brochure crop.jpg (Size: 26.56 KB / Downloads: 562)
I can only confirm that it looks like the Forrest and it's showing on a 750 Bulletin, but you could see hat as well!
Ah, you are right, it's a Bulletin, not the Rally Programme...

Silly me...
Indeed, it is the Forrest Saloon at Brands Hatch. 
The Bulletin is the May 1961 edition.
I think your photo may be 2 years before the first Beauiieu. 
The 750MC held an Austin 7 rally at Chateau Impney in May 1961.
Thank you Henry, that is indeed very helpful..

Although the envelope is marked Beaulieu, the images didn't seem to fit that venue. Here are a couple to both whet your appetite and also (if possible) to confirm the location..

First, the uncropped original:

Then Mike Eyre looking studious

and finally:

Do we think Chateau Impney?
We’d better check on Friday!
I've had a phone call from a trusted correspondent who is convinced it is Chateau Impney...
The photo of two Specials show Bill Boult's Special on the right, not sure it's Bill driving.  Yes, Chateau Impney 1961. Here's then owner Tony Poole with my Special.

Attached Files
.jpg   Tony Poole Chateau Impney c1960 (2).jpg (Size: 187.48 KB / Downloads: 252)
Thank you Robin, that is helpful. I may be looking for more help in the future. I am scanning a huge collection (some 650 photos) recently acquired by the Archive taken at 750MC events (in the main) in the late 50s and early 60s. As well as scanning them, I have to create a catalogue entry and description for all of them. Clearly, crowdsourceing the work would be a great help. I will see if there is anyway I can create such an environment
Take a look at Flickr Hugh. We use it at work. I believe the entry level account is either free or very reasonable. There are options for limited sharing of your images - to trusted friends and family- which may help if you don't want everything available to the www.