The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
RH insurance premiums
I cannot remember the last time I went to a “show”, I rather be driving in hills and mountains.
(07-06-2024, 09:48 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I cannot remember the last time I went to a “show”, I rather be driving in hills and mountains.

"+1" as they say...

I'll also throw in a reminder that with RH you get free breakdown recovery across the whole of the EEC - not to be sniffed at.
(07-06-2024, 10:02 AM)Chris KC Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 09:48 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I cannot remember the last time I went to a “show”, I rather be driving in hills and mountains.

"+1" as they say...

I'll also throw in a reminder that with RH you get free breakdown recovery across the whole of the EEC - not to be sniffed at.

+ another 1. Not my idea of fun but each to their own

(and Hagerty include European breakdown/recovery/repatriation too)
Yes, count me in as well, I’d rather have a run out with other old car nuts on some of our great roads than sit in a field bored stiff!
To be clear, I am not knocking anyone or thing. Just stating my preference for loving a great drive, over most things! Cool
Another +1. 'Shows' are not my thing at all but if it's yours, each to his own. I much prefer using my cars for what they were made for be that driving or competition - as this weekend, Hillclimbing at on of my favorite tracks, Harewood.

Steve
Just a +1 for shows and for runs.
All in balance of course and I will never pay to attend shows but I have found shows a lovely way to meet like minded people who own old cars and visitors who like telling you stories about when they drove 5 up to xxxxx on a Friday night and were overtaken by a stray wheel.
A recent 25 mile drive to Kielder show was a lovely drive, a chance to chat, a visit to a great location and then a lovely drive home, best of all worlds.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hi Steve Kay,

I believe you mean the 'Vintage Minor Register' owned and run by Ian Grace and not the 'Vintage Morris Register' which as far as I'm aware, no such organisation of that name exists. I have however been a member of the 'Morris Register' for 50 years - the 'Morris Register' having been founded back in 1960 initially as the 'Morris 8 Tourer Club'. The annual 'Morris Register' summer event will be 'Morris Fest' at Thoresby Park, Ollerton, Notts, August 2nd to the 4th.

Below is a link to the 'Vintage Minor Register' - Marches Navigation Rally and Scenic Tour 2024 which I presume is what you meant regarding MSUK permits. To be honest, I'd be very surprised if Ian Grace didn't have all the necessary permits for this and other 'VMR' events.

https://vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally20..._2024.html

Jeff.

*** Edit *** I've just found this piece re MSUK with event number 29037JY21 in the link I've posted below:

https://vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally20..._2024.html

Jeff.
Does anyone have their modern insured RHS as well as their A7 or other cars??
Yes Denis. I do. They used to have the modern on a separate policy to the classics but now combine into one.