The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby tyres
I was recently led to understand by a well-known 'vintage' tyre trader - rightly or wrongly - that Goodyear have a plan to manufacture the Triple Duty in Europe. However I imagine it's not just a question of transferring the moulds, any difference in rubber formulation or process could profoundly alter the finished product. A case of "wait and see" I think.
Reports say now to be made in France but as you say will they be the same
(24-06-2024, 03:26 PM)Charles Levien Wrote: Quite a lot of comment here about steering problems in crosswinds, bumpy roads etc in relation to choice of tyres. 
I have Longstone 4’’ on our 1937 Opal and around 25lbs seems to be a good compromise. 
However the biggest contribution to better steering comes from fitting a John Miles designed extension to the steering arm — the overall length is increased to just under 6’’.  This lowers the ratio by 20% — allows better control and largely reduces bump steer. 

Charles

Are there any details or drawings of this modification? Sounds like a good idea.