The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Crown and Pinion set up 1934 RP
Hi both, 

thanks for getting back to me, after sleeping on it, it didn't feel right not putting the original amount of shims back in (which are in perfect condition), and you have confirmed my thoughts, so this morning I have installed all the shims and used this link below, I found last night (which was really helpful), to adjust the crown correctly using the adjusters.

https://austinsevenfriends.co.uk/Bruce/D...tments.htm

I have attached some more photos of this mornings work and feel much more confident this is correct, as the adjusters seem to be in the original positions, as before I stripped it down I marked one of the serrations through the adjustment holes.

I have done quite a bit of work to the Austin since I saw it in a friends barn rotting away and have learnt a lot along the way over the last few years, using the knowledge and advise you guys and others have given me, but still have a lot to learn before I get it back on the road! 

Hopefully you both will confirm the markings on the pinion look better from the photos attached, just need to check the backlash now? 

Many thanks. 

Messages In This Thread
Rear Crown and Pinion set up 1934 RP - by John - 31-07-2024, 02:38 PM
RE: Rear Crown and Pinion set up 1934 RP - by John - 01-08-2024, 11:29 AM