The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Austin 7 Centenary Event 2022
Having organised charity events in the past, I know how much work is involved in just the buying & selling of admission tickets, quite apart from anything else. One of the difficulties of offering individual day tickets is the manning of the gates; with A7s coming from far & wide, arriving at different times, it's going to be difficult enough to ensure that all attendees are ticket-holders. Bearing in mind that everyone organising and marshalling this event is a volunteer and as much a fan of A7s as those attending, it seems only reasonable to allow the valliant volunteers as much time to enjoy the event as the rest of us (all of the volunteers are paying the entry fee, no one is getting a freeby for their efforts). If you look at the one-off entry fee as paying for the day/days you can attend, then you'll feel less miffed about the days you're not able to attend.
I am not sure how healthy the Association coffers are, but if there is any amount of money sitting idly in an unproductive bank account, perhaps the entry fee could be heavily subsidised just as a gesture to the overall appeal of this one-off event (but I am certainly not in any way whingeing at the current proposals).

And on the subject of Mementoes, the commemorative beer specially commissioned for the Austin Centenary at Cofton Park went down very well -   just sayin'  !!
At the A7CA meeting last Sunday Member Clubs voted overwhelmingly to utilise £20k from the A7CA reserves immediately with a further £5k to be released, if required.

Many other people Clubs and A7 businesses have been very generous (a full list of these will be published on the Centenary website), which will result in the final ticket price being a fraction of what it actually should be.

That final ticket price will be decided in the very near future and then publicised.
This thread angers me. Here we have a group of people who have not contributed telling a group who have given a lot of time and effort how they would have done it if they were in charge. Only in the main they never do contribute. They get their fun criticising.
For the record, I will be there all days whatever the ticket price.
Alan Fairless
Hi alan,

For a nice day out tomorrow, I plan a drive over to Stanford hall for founders day.

The entry fee for the day is £10.00

So if I get 5 days at the 100th for £50.00 what's to complain about.

I must add tomorrow I'll only be there for the MORNING, as I want to watch the F1 in the afternoon.

but you wont find me asking for a £5.00 refund, for missing the afternoon Big Grin
Good afternoon, I would like to endorse Alan's comment. We a very fortunate that there are a group of individuals who are putting so much time and effort into organising this centenary event. I am impressed by the amount of information that they are making available but aware that there is a point at which constructive comment becomes destructive criticism.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire
I am extremely proud of the organising team for their unpaid efforts to make the Centenary event something really sensational and never to be repeated.
  Alan and Cranky's posts are spot on. If you have nothing to do but complain, then don't do it here. 
For an entry to say a National Trust, English Heritage property, Beaulieu Motor museum or The Great Dorset Steam Fair it would probably be more expensive for a day ticket than the weeks events at Moreton.
   I will be there for the week having noted the dates when they came out. I am happy to pay the chosen price for entry and the only moths that I know of are in my old woollen jumper, not my purse.
Initially I thought crikey, this is expensive, then it hit me, I’m comparing it with one day events and village shows.

This is something ENTIRELY different!

Seeing what is involved over a period of five days, I believe it’s a bargain and I’ll be coming along for a couple of days, maybe three and will be jolly happy to have supported the event, what’s more someone might like to see my box saloon standing still for a while rather than just whizzing by.

Thanks chaps for all your hard work, it really is appreciated.
(17-07-2021, 12:53 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: At the A7CA meeting last Sunday Member Clubs voted overwhelmingly to utilise £20k from the A7CA reserves immediately with a further £5k to be released, if required.

Many other people Clubs and A7 businesses have been very generous (a full list of these will be published on the Centenary website), which will result in the final ticket price being a fraction of what it actually should be.

That final ticket price will be decided in the very near future and then publicised.
It's good to know that donations from clubs are to be listed. One has a remarkably large reserve (detailed in their annual report).
(15-07-2021, 10:24 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: We are looking at what type of plaque/momento would be suitable for the centenary event.

What creative ideas have you seen or would like to see used please?

Just a suggestion. How about a nicely printed and produced programme? With a few colour photos and a quality gloss cover. It might get thumbed through during the 5 days and a bit dog-eared, but in future decades that could be part of the charm.