The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone know any of these 1930 Chummies?
I know I go on and on about this, but once again, this shows the vital importance of historic vehicles retaining their original registration numbers!

I’ll get off my soap box…
(30-05-2024, 01:24 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Did you try a google image search using the number plates? you'll find a few that way and be able to confirm the body type. it may also give some clues as to who has them... I did the first four to get you started and two showed up...

excellent - those can be sent to registrar too. And they may jog some minds. No body numbers yet, but I'm sure they will appear in time. Its remarkable that one can see a body number of 62000 and realise that's a continuous tourer production from 1922 to late 1930! Must compare it to the survivors, but there are so many different body types recorded (without resorting to Specials obviously) that it takes a bit of searching.
I wholeheartedly agree with Ivor. Threads like this one would be completely futile if the government acted on their possible plans to re-register all classics with a new series of numbers. I fail to see any benefit for owners, enthusiasts or the DVLA (who already seem over-worked). Apologies for the taking the discussion further off topic Jon!