The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A plea for A7CA Magazine articles...
(05-09-2024, 09:51 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Howard, I could do something about the design, build and construction details of my special. However I am thinking it would be way too long to have any worthwhile detail unless you would want it as a series. Let me know if you think it could work

Go with the series
(05-09-2024, 09:51 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Howard, I could do something about the design, build and construction details of my special. However I am thinking it would be way too long to have any worthwhile detail unless you would want it as a series. Let me know if you think it could work
Hi Ian

I followed your build on this forum very closely and enjoyed it, so it would be a welcome contribution to the magazine.

As you may have noticed earlier in this thread I’ve suggested to Steve Bryant (C Cab van build) that two or even three articles could be accommodated as a series.  Generally each article in the magazine is at most about 1200 words with up to 6 photos although this is not a hard and fast rule.

An alternative, that has been used recently, is a single resume article with reference to a full lengthy report lodged in the Archive. Obviously it would be up to the archivist as to what is accepted there but if it’s good enough for the mag it should be good enough for the Archive!

Cheers

Howard
Hi Howard. 
After some thought you might want to split things into three sections: Acquisition and assessment, Component restoration and modifications, and the new body kit build with reference to John Heath and possibly his contributions to the A7 community.

You have my approval to use any of the photos in the build history thread.

Regards,
Stephen