The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up draft for side draft
I have a side draft manifold and Zenith 26VA carburettor in good condition on my 1932 RN which I am trying to make as original as possible.

Would anyone have an updraft inlet and exhaust manifold and a Zenith 22FZ carburettor that they would like to preferably swap or sell?
The exhaust downpipe is different as well.
Jim
As the throttle cross shaft may be (on your car). They are different for the updraft and sidedraft carbs...
Understood, I am restoring the RN, what it has now is a bodge so be good to get it correct.
I expect that Tony Betts would have all the parts you need on the shelf.
Black Art Enthusiast
I'll give Tony a try - thanks
Steve Hodgson normally carries a stock of fully refurbished 22FZ carbs.

You can get him on: 07813 117474
When fitting a side draught carburetor it isn't necessary to change the accelerator cross shaft. The RN cross shaft is straight in the middle whilst the later one is cranked over the flywheel.
But the operating arms are canted at quite a different angle, Dave. That has been my recent experience with helping a pal with a side draft zenith fitted to an RM that didn't have quite enough puff.Turned out the throttle wasn;t opening sufficiently with the original cross shaft..
I live and learn, I've been swapping 22FZB, 26Va and 24T2 carburetors with gay abandon for the last 62 years with no problems connecting to the cross shaft on 3 RNs.