The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chateau Impney hillclimb
Thumbs Down 
Full album of images from the VSCC Chateau Impney hillclimb on 9th August. A wonderful collection of desirable machinery and a plethora of Austin 7s. Lovely stuff!

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBD2vY

Samples:

Mr Salmon must be a distinguished snapper with a tabard and pass, either that or has a very long telephoto lens indeed. Chateau Impney was a memorable event, certainly not the most organised day's sport but extremely good humoured. Stewards and marshalls remained very cheerful throughout. I know nothing about social media, and only had my Box Brownie with me yesterday, so just a couple of images. Car 116 is "Simplicity"  and no. 119/719 "The Toy". The crew picnicking on the shabby steps of the derelict Royal Suite are an unrepeatable scene. Likewise I also include the patinated Ulster by the boarded up windows and amongst the weeds of a building about to be demolished. For once, Seven entry numbers, 27 cars, were outnumbered by Frazer Nash entries of  33 cars. Proprietary engines though, so almost kit cars compared with Longbridge's finest.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nothing so grand as a pass and a tabard Steve! I was a mere spectator yesterday and all the pics come from the 'public' areas. I was using an 18mm - 200mm Nikon zoom on a D500.
Thanks Nick for the photos. Following on from Steve's comments, an excellent way to spend a Friday! A very relaxed atmosphere and some mouth watering machinery. Such a shame it was the last ever motoring event at this venue.
So can any of our more senior West Midlands members remember, or admit to, attending music at the Chateau? 

.jpg   impney-progcover.jpg (Size: 50.86 KB / Downloads: 330)

Come on Steve be reasonable. It was the 1960s. I could well have been there but I really don’t remember
Alan Fairless
Half a crown for the programme? Daylight robbery!
Yeah, but look at the line-up!!
True enough, I would love to be able to see a line up as talented as that today!
Nick, apologies for a thread hijack, especially as many of our shots are near duplicates!! However although lacking  a media pass due to failing to register before the event, I did manage to get some unique shots of the track action near the finish line.

See here