The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance meeting
Walked up Snowdon last Saturday — too rainy for Crib Goch so went up the Pyg track. There is a cafe at the top and a railway station although neither of these make the climb up any easier, especially for an 82 year old. But, to the point, I was wearing an Austin Seven hat which prompted a guy to open a conversation with me.  Said he’d recently bought a 1936 based A7 special and showed me a pic on his mobile. Nice car, in need of some TLC —  he is an engineer and in a good position to make a super job of it. I didn’t his name etc but suggested he joins this forum — he lives in Somerset. 
Nice thing about climbing hills is the people you meet!

Charles
There should be a special prize for 82 year olds who can scamper, or even stagger up Yr Wyddfa, well done! Seven owners appear everywhere, we encountered a Gordon England owner during an interval at Walkure at Longborough recently. Sadly we did not bump into him again so one can only hope that he was not washed away in the Rhine or destroyed in a fire.
(11-07-2024, 09:46 AM)Steve kay Wrote: There should be a special prize for 82 year olds who can scamper, or even stagger up Yr Wyddfa, well done! Seven owners appear everywhere, we encountered a Gordon England owner during an interval at Walkure at Longborough recently. Sadly we did not bump into him again so one can only hope that he was not washed away in the Rhine or destroyed in a fire.

The Piston Ring Cycle? — and thanks for the kind comment Steve.