The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side window glass replacement 1932 RM
Hello, I am seeking advice on where to source a (new/used) replacement window for the driver's side door of a 1932 RM box saloon. (On this model there is a small cut way on the lower rear corner to accommodate the shape of the door). Will be at Beaulieu this weekend (JH1191). Thanks.
I got my local glazier to cut me one in laminated glass, being flat it was easy…and very reasonably priced.
The small cut away lower corner is to allow the window to retract fully.   Without the angled corner, the window will stop about 1" above the door aperture.  Don't make the cut too large or it will be visible externally.  I think the glass size might be shown in the Source Book.   Mine is packed away so I can't check.
I had mine cut by a local glass company in laminated glass. Used a pattern I made in MDF including the angled cut. However, some glass companies won't supply if you tell them it's for a car. We have one like that locally. Tell them (if they ask) it's for a boat and you'll have no problems.

Steve