The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
22 FZB hesitation on setting off
I have a few 22 FZB carburetors all of which have various repairs done to them and all run well except two which are definitely hesitant on setting off in bottom gear, I've checked the fuel level, jets and even swapped jets with carburetors which don't have the problem. Now a friends RN saloon has developed this problem any one got any ideas as to the cause?
I had this issue with the Cup Model and an SWB Saloon, putting in a progressively richer compensating jets, until it revved cleanly from pick up.
Many thanks Ruairidh, what size did you end up with? I repaired my friends carburetor and it ran OK on my car and then I returned it to him 6 years ago since when it's ran perfectly until recently when this hesitation has developed so what's happened?
If you want to drill the jet out, I've a 1-inch, No.3 Morse taper drill bit I can lend you, Dave....
I cannot remember what ended up in the Box, Dave, I think I have an 80 in the Cup.
Dave. Jets do wear. I have a large collection of all jets for my 22FZB carbs. Some just don't work and whilst I've never checked on their actual size, I put it down to wear...or perhaps butchery by persons unknown ?!
The only spare compensating jet I have I opened out to 80 and that didn't solve the problem so I could use some more.
If it used to be alright and now it isn’t you have to look for what has changed. It’s not jet sizes. I’d start by looking for air leaks.
Alan Fairless