The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coachwork Repair
Can anyone please recommend a coachworks within reach of SW London?
My speedy has been shunted in the rear and her pointed till is now sadly concave Sad
Thank you, Richard
Derek Vertenten is in Devon - his work is first class.

You can get him on derekvertenten123@btinternet.com
Hi Richard,

How desperately sad, hopefully noone was hurt in the incident.
Possibly too far away from you but there is a chap near me just outside Maidstone who is excellent with aluminium. He had, amongst other cars a Facel Vega HK500 and a Ferrari Dino 246 in the workshop a couple of weeks ago, but has made Austin Seven wings for in the past !
I will let you have contact details if you cannot find someone more convenient to you.

Ken.
Thanks Ken,
It happened in Aldi car park. Annoying incident. 
There is a place in Acton but very expensive. Might have to go with them. 
Best wishes Richard
Hello Richard,

Sorry to hear of this. No one good is likely to be cheap, I fear but you do want it right. What about Rod Jolley? Not too near you (nearly Bournemouth) but I think you could rely on the quality.

Regards,

Stuart
Surely you can claim on your insurance, in which case the cost shouldn't really concern you?

How about Roach Manufacturing in Hampshire - they've built new Speedy bodies, so are familiar with the model.
I agree with the Roach recommendation; their work is excellent. Go with a known expert and get the money from the other driver's insurance. Assuming you use RH they should be willing to support your claim if necessary.
Thanks for all your replies regarding my Speedy body repair. Stuart Roach has worked on my Speedy in it's renovation days but I was hoping for somewhere closer to home. Roach still don't do paintwork.
Classic Chrome in Mortlake who sell classic and sports cars (my near neighbour) gave me
GP Auto Design in Park Royal NW10 6JZ who renovate classic cars - gpautodesign.co.uk - Expensive but their work looks good.
A useful contact for anyone else in the near London area.
It's not my money  Big Grin But with a car as rare as that I wouldn't skimp regardless of who is paying. 
A lot depends of course how bad the damage is - but someone who has experience of working on Speedies will have reference measurements and hopefully get it right.
Another thumps up for MR Roach, maybe Stuart could do the work and recommend a paint shop..  

He certainly knows his way round 7's and owns a few too :-)

cheers