The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Headlamps
It took just one hundred years for the optimism of an advertisement to become reality.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LED lights are wonderful, you can see where you are going and there is minimal electricity requirement from the 6v Dynamo. Gets you banned from VSCC night events of course……..
Steve,
Even from an important safety point of view?
Hi Tony

On Chummy lights there is a head and side combined. The LED headlight bulbs I’ve seen are head and dip. Any issues with using head and dip in place of head and side?

Cheers

Howard
In some ways the VSCC does seem to have its head shoved a bit far up its proverbial...
However, unless all cars in a night event are fitted with LED lights there is an immediate disadvantage for those who don't have them.
"Please accept my resignation. I wouldn't want to join a club that would accept me as a member"
Groucho Marx
It’s actually not the VSCC, it’s Motorsport UK or whatever name they use these days who have imposed the ban.
Alan Fairless
On the later cars with R47 lights it's possible to use the standard switch so that the sidelight setting gives dip and the headlamp setting main beam. Of course, this means that if you want sidelights, you'll have to wire in a separate switch, etc. I've not done it yet, but one could also bypass the standard switch and wire in a separate one with off/on/on to control the lights. The Part No. 64500 version of this metal lever switch does the job: https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/...arch=64500
(26-09-2023, 11:26 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: On the later cars with R47 lights it's possible to use the standard switch so that the sidelight setting gives dip and the headlamp setting main beam. Of course, this means that if you want sidelights, you'll have to wire in a separate switch, etc. I've not done it yet, but one could also bypass the standard switch and wire in a separate one with off/on/on to control the lights. The Part No. 64500 version of this metal lever switch does the job: https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/...arch=64500

Thanks Tony

Howard
Not even MSUK, Alan. Whatever anyone might say, however stupid it might be and however out of date the legislation is (Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989) the use of after market LED bulbs is illegal as the bulbs are not E marked. So, anyone asking MSUK or any other body if it's OK to use LED bulbs in vehicles such as ours entered in competitions they authorise are always going to get a negative answer whilst that legislation is operative. They can do no other.

Steve
Scruting for trials which probably require running in the dark to the start, and almost certain trying to get from the final section or two also in the dark, completely ignores what is in the lights as long as they work. Or at least that is the case with MCC, MAC, Falcon etc. It was a decision within VSCC that lead to a tight interpretation of Road Vehicle Regs that caused being banned from the Measham. Though as ever thanks to the commendable Andrew Tarring who communicated with numbers of people to ensure that no one paid entry fees, turned up and then was banned from starting. Products of Abingdon seen swapping bulbs under lampposts by Leominster Fire Station are another matter.