The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Centenary ready!
Chummy washed and polished:

Top hat washed and loaded in the van, ready for the first trip up on Tuesday.

Now, we've got to pack the caravan, hopefully before Monday's blistering heat.....
The RL saloon has been fettled and had its bi-annual polish.   With temperatures set to reach 40 degrees tomorrow it is packed with bottles of water and juice cartons.   Also an unopened 40 year old bottle of a Scottish liqueur.    The Highland Coupe may have the drinks compartment but my RL has the genuine vintage liqueur!
Tomorrow is a leisurely drive down to Melton Mowbray to a B & B, hoping to arrive at M in M around mid-day Tuesday (me and 900 others!)
I wanted a reflective cover for the spare wheel but left it to the last minute.   I thought I could make one out of an old marshals vest.  The first one I found was a perfect tight fit over the spare wheel, obviously tailored to go over the average marshals spare tyre!        
Looking forward to welcoming you to Melton, Malc - hunting country, pork pies and Stilton cheese - for a few beers!
Safe journey.
Chris.
Not bothered about the hunting, Chris, but a pork pie, lump of Stilton and a beer sound like a good idea!
Having caught the sun on previous trips with the sun roof open I think it will be shut on Tuesday with all the windows open.
Loaded up in Yorkshire for a crack of sparrow's departure in the morning. Motorcycle wheel chocks suit the Seven perfectly. With the heat today and tomorrow I'm now quite glad we chickened out of driving to Moreton.

Having my ear bent for saying it’s a shame to see cars not being driven, combined with the fact that I’ve driven open cars both summer and winter for donkey’s years, I think in the current heat, you’ve made the right decision Colin.

I’ve closed the sunroof on mine today!
The car is ready - serviced, tyres pumped and fuelled up but I cannot come. My wife is ill so that is that.
Sorry to hear that Julian, having just got over a week of Covid, you both have my sympathy and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
(18-07-2022, 03:10 PM)Julian Hunt Wrote: The car is ready - serviced, tyres pumped and fuelled up but I cannot come. My wife is ill so that is that.

That's really unfortunate on both fronts Julian.
I hope she recovers quickly

Best wishes 

Charles