The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thanks!
Thanks to the Forum and in particular Joseph Faulkner, the little original 1929 Fabric Saloon (mentioned in previous posts) has sold to a lovely couple who seem just the right people to take care and preserve the wee car essentially as it is! I was just about to advertise it more widely...but dreaded the prospect of tyre-kickers etc. members of the Forum spared me and the elderly confused owner that grief! Both parties as pleased as punch!
Well done James and the forum. I've just been let down by time wasters and photograph hunters when trying to sell my '32 saloon, so I know how you feel!
Thanks James for your kind words, Always happy to help out in the A7 world. Stay safe and glad she's found a great home by the sounds
That’s excellent news James, it’s always a worry when an original car is “restored” and basically ruined!
Always a tricky one with survivor cars.

And good to hear it has gone to a good home.

This is why I didn't put my own oily rag on ebay or classic car. Just on my own site. I'd rather see the right person keep it on the road in the condition it's in. It takes decades to age. And minutes to strip that age.

And lance, I hope it wasn't the gent I handed your email onto from listing your car on my website.

He seamed keen enough, but you never can tell.

Thanks tony.
No Tony, wouldn't have been him, this chap wanted dozens of photographs and I spent ten days emailing and answering all his questions and he changed his mind at the last minute because it was too far to come....140 miles!

Maybe I will look for a young deserving person to give it to. I need the space!
I'm not that old if you're stuck...
Reckers it seems a long way for you to travel. I am much nearer but unfortunately fail due to age. I think Lance maybe being a tad discriminatory towards older people.?.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Sorry, but I'm in a miserable mood about it and I hate selling Austin Sevens at the best of times. Luckily, I've not had to do it for over ten years. I think it is the times we are living in.

I assume that both you John and Mr. Rat already have Sevens, never mind how old you are. I bet you're both older than me and I'm 60!

All I know is that when I was 15, I would have given my right arm for a restored and running Box saloon. I shall drain it and put it away in store this weekend  and forget about it so that I can get on with other work.........Grizzle, grizzle, humbug.
(16-07-2020, 09:58 AM)Lance Sheldrick Wrote: Sorry, but I'm in a miserable mood about it and I hate selling Austin Sevens at the best of times. Luckily, I've not had to do it for over ten years. I think it is the times we are living in.

I assume that both you John and Mr. Rat already have Sevens, never mind how old you are. I bet you're both older than me and I'm 60!

All I know is that when I was 15, I would have given my right arm for a restored and running Box saloon. I shall drain it and put it away in store this weekend  and forget about it so that I can get on with other work.........Grizzle, grizzle, humbug.

My fourteen year old great grandson would be delighted to give it a good and loving home Smile