The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which hill climb please ?
Advice please, which hillclimb do the forum recommend as a first time spectator, Shelsey Walsh or Prescott.
Also which event would be best for seeing sevens and similar vintage cars in action. Thank you .
Unless you live close by, I wouldn’t necessarily choose either of those. In a seven, Prescott is better to drive, but not much between them for spectating. I’d add Loton Park and Harewood to the choice. Both better for driving and spectating in my opinion.
Alan Fairless
Shelsley Walsh
My vote, Prescott for spectating.
It has a return road for non stop racing.
Adrian.
I haven't raced only spectated.

My favourite is loton.

Especially on a dry day, entrants push harder for there best times.

There are always several who get cought out coming down into the triangle.

Tony.
Hi Clive
Not sure about other locations but last September had a fantastic two days camping and spectating at VSCC event at Prescott.
Informal atmosphere, access to all cars in the pit area, plenty of vantage points, and as its owned by the Bugatti owners club a great clubhouse/restaurant serving food and drinks at affordable prices.
Not forgetting the onsite Bugatti museum.
A great family weekend.
Curborough Sprint, near Lichfield. Excellent for viewing.
For viewing the best Hillclimb in the country is Harewood, by a country mile. From the seating you can see about 90% of the hill. We get a very good turnout of classic & vintage in June. Loton is pretty good, but both Prescot & Shelsley are pretty poor if all you are doing is spectating. They do have other things to commend them though.
Hill climb venues seem few and far between now. Look out for car clubs using stately homes, e.g. Ragley Hall, Chatsworth. Aston Martin OC always has an Austin following as does Bentley drivers club, 750 mc, HSCC, BRSCC. VSCC, Ferrari OC. I used to love scrutineering at the little meetings. Please don't overlook the sprint venues either, same clubs tend to organise these too.
Some say the ultimate hillclimb is of course Goodwood. Always a very busy meet for the scroot!
If you are in the Southwest Gurston Down and Wiscome Park are good venues both hillclimbs, the Bert Hadley use both and the 500 club and VSCC are at Wiscombe early in the season on the same weekend.
Terry.