The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Both Peugeot 203 variants.

Ivor the number plate is a bit of a giveaway... see: https://images.classic.com/vehicles/ce17...6&fit=crop
Ahaa! Never overlook the obvious!

Now, I have a dunce’s hat somewhere…

On Bank holiday Monday my son was kind enough to drive me in my Ruby to a gathering of cars at the Papplewick Pumping Station in Nottinghamshire. There was a good turnout but only two sevens there both being Rubies.  There was a Wragg single seater seven listed to be there but could not be found. It was a good day out however for classic car lovers with a wide range of makes and models from a Ford Model T to  a 1948 RollsRoyce  with much in between . The good sunny weather just topped it off.

John Mason.

Re my last post. Sorry the photos are upside down. I will never get the hang of adding photos

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
[attachment=24403][attachment=24404][attachment=24405][attachment=24406]
On Bank holiday Monday my son was kind enough to drive me in my Ruby to a gathering of cars at the Papplewick Pumping Station in Nottinghamshire. There was a good turnout but only two sevens there both being Rubies.  There was a Wragg single seater seven listed to be there but could not be found. It was a good day out however for classic car lovers with a wide range of makes and models from a Ford Model T to  a 1948 RollsRoyce  with much in between . The good sunny weather just topped it off.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
A sunny May morning brought out a good selection of cars for our monthly meeting near Richmond.  The red SS 100 Jaguar is a newcomer to the meeting.  It is owned by a stunt driver who became quite famous in the 1970's for an advert for British Leyland  that involved parking a car in a gap about 6" longer than the car.   As far as I know he parked up at our meeting without resorting to the handbrake but he obviously lost the bonnet somewhere en route!                
While going through boxes of spares the other night, I found this Fray Bentos tin filled with nuts and bolts, and had a bit of a eureka moment! 
I had this old horn, less the cover and was always going to try and find one or make something up, I think once painted all the same colour, and stuffed under a bonnet most would fail to notice it's meaty past!!

John,
Great! I love repurposing things.
Dave.
I’d be tempted to leave Fray Bentos on it!
I used to love a Fray Bentos Snake and Pigmy pie.

Today I got the cars out to have a shuffle round in the garage.  The cylinder head of the rebuilt Ulster engine was weeping slightly so I torqued it down and took the car for a run up and down the village.   It was going much better than last time I ran it, probably because the head was tightened down, and it accelerated up the hill out of the village in top.
I decided to test it out on Sneck Yate, the 1 in 4 hill from the village to the top of the Sutton Bank escarpment.  I was pleased to get to within 50 yards of the hairpin at the top in 2nd gear, being a high 'Andes' ratio on the 3 speed box.
Having satisfied myself that the engine is producing a reasonable amount of power, I turned round and made the descent down the bank.  This can be a daunting prospect in an Austin 7.   Keeping the car in first gear, it would have made the full descent without touching the brakes but I went  into 2nd and with the help of the brakes made a safe descent, accompanied by a nice crackle from the exhaust.    
Last weekend, Popster and I lead a group of 20 A7s around some of Argyll and Stirlingshire.  It was braw!

We took the Cup on Saturday and Coupe on Sunday, we took them all to the Argyll Car Factory, too!