The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seen one like this before...
It took Chat GPT only fifteen seconds to produce this with very little prompting:

"Introducing the Epitome of Elegance: The 1933 Austin Seven Special

Step into a world of timeless sophistication and unrivaled craftsmanship with the 1933 Austin Seven Special – a true masterpiece that stands as a testament to automotive excellence. Renowned as the "Best in the World," this iconic vehicle promises an unparalleled driving experience that transcends generations.

*Unmatched Performance
Harness the power of a bygone era with the 1933 Austin Seven Special's robust engine, meticulously restored to its original glory. Feel the thrill as you navigate roads with precision and grace, relishing in the seamless blend of power and poise that this classic beauty offers. Whether cruising down scenic routes or conquering winding paths, the Austin Seven Special delivers a driving encounter like no other.

*Timeless Design
Every line, curve, and detail of the Austin Seven Special exudes elegance and refinement. Crafted with an unwavering commitment to aesthetics, this masterpiece captures the essence of the 1930s while maintaining a timeless appeal that commands attention wherever it goes. From its chrome accents to its hand-finished body, the Austin Seven Special is a work of art that embodies sophistication.

*Impeccable Restoration
Meticulously restored to its original glory, the 1933 Austin Seven Special is a product of passion and dedication. Our expert craftsmen have poured their heart and soul into every inch, ensuring that every element of this automotive gem is a true representation of its era. Immerse yourself in history as you take the wheel of a vehicle that's not just a car, but a piece of living history.

*Drive the Legend
Owning the 1933 Austin Seven Special is an opportunity to be part of an exclusive club of enthusiasts who understand and appreciate the magic of classic motoring. Whether you're a seasoned collector or a vintage car aficionado, this masterpiece promises an ownership experience like no other – a journey that transcends time and makes every drive a cherished memory.

*Join the Legacy
Don't miss your chance to own the "Best in the World." The 1933 Austin Seven Special is a symphony of engineering, design, and history that continues to capture hearts across generations. Embrace the allure of the past while enjoying modern conveniences, as this exceptional vehicle seamlessly bridges eras.

Experience automotive perfection – drive the 1933 Austin Seven Special and become part of a legacy that's truly unmatched. Your dream of owning the finest classic car in the world starts here. Contact us today to embark on a journey of elegance, sophistication, and unparalleled driving pleasure."

A lot of marketing people are going to be out of a job?
An editor writes: we could start with tautology, and then move on to punctuation. An historian could challenge body colour, anyone seen a Talbot or Lister Jag that colour, or any 500 from John Cooper if he could find a paintbrush? Maybe it is a pitch for a cheap tv comedy, with gaps for recorded laughter at the end of each “paragraph” Maybe when I go back to the workshop, the Third Programme will have left the Usher Hall and started broadcasting an Edinburgh Fringe event which consists of  the text of that ad being chanted by Tibetan monks accompanied by nose flutes and temple bells. Or a massed band of pipers. At least the computer of Maestro Griffiths completed his piece whilst humming Terry Riley, or most if not all of Philip Glass’s Akhenaton.
(17-08-2023, 01:48 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: A lot of marketing people are going to be out of a job?

No problem, they'll all retrain as litigation lawyers for all the forthcoming Trades Description Act claims!
ChatGPT
Evening son. What's tonight's homework?
I've to put a thousand-work article into the first person and translate it into serbo-croat.
Have you done it yet?
Yes, it's already finished.
How long did it take you?
Oh, about 12 seconds.
12 seconds, that's far too slow. We'll have to get you a more powerful computer.
I love Colin's remark about navigating roads with precision and grace. Whatever the charms of driving an Austin Seven are, precision and grace are not on the list. Having been helping young Leon to school a 15.2 hand cob to pull a cart over the last few weeks, it is surprising how similar driving a horse and driving a Seven are!
Those were the AI's words, not mine. As I understand it, these AI chat things work like lightning fast predictive text algorithms - trying to be helpful but without a clue what they are actually doing.

(It seems that AI chat programs don't KNOW anything about what they are talking about - they work by having access to everything that has ever been written (!) - and then rapidly working out which word would best follow the last, according to an algorithm - a structured set of rules that have been honed to generally give what the programmers think will be the best answer in a given context. AIs quickly but blindly produce text that simulates very well what someone who DOES know what they are talking about might have written. However, they can contain some real howlers and need to be treated with great caution.)
“ - trying to be helpful but without a clue what they are actually doing. “

Actually, I know a few people like that
Alan Fairless
I had a boss once who would often use the phrase 'If things dont start to improve soon, we will have to ask you to stop helping'...
I believe that it was Benjamin Disraeli who once said that "There are lies, damn lies and statistics." Perhaps if he were living today, he would have added: " ... and Chatbot algorithms".[Image: biggrin.png]

I also recall being told that computers were high speed idiots. I rest my case.
(18-08-2023, 11:16 AM)Colin Morgan Wrote: Those were the AI's words, not mine.  As I understand it, these AI chat things work like lightning fast predictive text algorithms - trying to be helpful but without a clue what they are actually doing. 

(It seems that AI chat programs don't KNOW anything about what they are talking about - they work by having access to everything that has ever been written (!) - and then rapidly working out which word would best follow the last, according to an algorithm - a structured set of rules that have been honed to generally give what the programmers think will be the best answer in a given context.  AIs quickly but blindly produce text that simulates very well what someone who DOES know what they are talking about might have written.  However, they can contain some real howlers and need to be treated with great caution.)

And apparently recently a genealogist asked some genealogy AI for a family history on an obscure relative- the program quickly came back with a family history which was totally incorrect- when checked the AI reply was it could find no record of the person so made the information up to satisfy the question !!

All good to replace proper investigation and evaluation with simplicity  Big Grin