The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.H. Breakdown Service.
This is really a big thank you to the people at R.H. Insurance for the excellent way I was treated when I broke down, in my Austin, on the way to the Bewl Water Rally last Sunday. From the time I phoned the breakdown number to the time I got back home, on the back of a small car transporter, took only two and a half hours. I was 30 miles from home.
This is the first time I've used their service. It's good to know it works so well. Smile

Mike.
Good to hear you got home in one piece Mike. Have you got the problem sorted?
Yes, problem was a new coil which burnt out. Probably made in the far east.
Yikes - good to know. You didn't leave the ignition switched on by mistake I take it?
(20-06-2023, 01:28 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Yikes - good to know. You didn't leave the ignition switched on by mistake I take it?

A good quality coil would survive the ignition being left on. Lucas coils from the sixties/seventies/eighties and nineties would survive. Intermotor coils failed if you left the ignition on.
(20-06-2023, 02:29 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Intermotor coils failed.

And probably still do...the dustbin is the best place for them.
Thanks for your comments. No, the ignition was not left on.
Tell me, what's the best 12 volt coil you can buy?
This is what I have in my special now. https://www.burtonpower.com/bosch-blue-h...19027.html seems to provide better starting than the Lucas sports coil that I replaced the (what else but) Intermotor coil that let me down in the middle of the Warwick one way system while I was on my way to the Austin Centenary rally at Longbridge.
Thanks Stuart.
If you find one let me know no one has stock