The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
Cool, thank you.
Daisy has had some help from the wonderful Jean-Marie Guivarc'h - who has put some "Sports Van" ideas onto paper.

Her chassis, axles and steering column are pukka factory sports so we were able to use the works plans.

This is an initial draft... we have a Swallow Saloon windscreen and ventilators that we would like to incorporate...

The wings are butterfly, in design.

That is looking stylish.  Reminds me of the long history of 'airline' development starting with the Swallow and leading eventually to the e-type.  Automotive beauty.

Nice!
I think you will need to provide a bit more headroom!
That drawing of Jean-Marie's shows exactly why Sevens with lowered suspension (can) suffer from loss of diff oil via the torque tube. The deflection of the rear axle on full bump and the consequent downward angle of the torque tube is quite marked.
Here is the Van sketch and the Coupe overlaid into one image - chassis and suspension are identical set up.

.jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2023-01-16 at 10.34.11.jpeg (Size: 92.03 KB / Downloads: 284)
I am 6' 3" and fit in the Coupe without issue, I think it will be fine for Daisy. Smile
Peter Horbury, the designer of the Volvo V70 is said to have had the ambition to design a car with an E Type front end and a Transit rear.
Your inspiration is nearby….
Some of my annotations, today…

.jpeg   88468E6F-3D6F-4EED-B985-AFAC75902210.jpeg (Size: 667.69 KB / Downloads: 232)