The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
Any more images of machines with odd numbered wheels? A unicar seems unlikely, seven wheelers perhaps. An anorak living in Abergavenny writes: Walter Jones famously built a five wheel car.
(29-12-2022, 09:51 AM)Steve kay Wrote: Any more images of machines with odd numbered wheels? A unicar seems unlikely, seven wheelers perhaps. An anorak living in Abergavenny writes: Walter Jones famously built a five wheel car.

Any change in the number of wheels would be a major modification so would involve the single vehicle type approval test etc. It gets messy.
(29-12-2022, 09:05 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I love the Dixi's single-wheel trailer!

I doubt that the neck of the double bass would survive a bump taken at any speed 

C

This one looks interesting! Could someone far more skilled than me draw an Austin seven version?

Basically it has a longer bonnet, a 6 light cabin with trapezoidal windows, and a longish pointed tail. And the roof is not too high.
Single wheel trailers are a thing amongst some VW fans, we looked at them when we last toured as a family in the Seven.

Ultimately we concluded that the weight to make the extra framing for the two fixing points cancelled out the potential gain of just one wheel…
Some really nice ideas from my French friend… we love the butterfly winged one best.

I'm with you on the third choice of the butterfly winged version Ruairidh. It just has a certain appeal that the other two don't quite have.
Stephen
Oooh, Butterfly wings, drool!
From Stuart Ulph…

.png   15544B20-EA36-464E-80EB-F4C4A3C9E21B.png (Size: 268.94 KB / Downloads: 306)
I knew I recognised that house. A quick bit of research and its 'High and Over'. So that dates it at 1931 or shortly after as it looks pre any landscaping.
https://amershammuseum.org/history/on-th...high-over/
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!