The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuine names please
I completely understand why, generally, some people prefer to preserve anonimity on the internet.  Many would be surprised/horrified to learn how relatively easy it is to 'find someone' online.

I am happy to express my views in my own name. Am I in a minority?
I have a pseudonym primarily because I like to be a bit flippant. It was also my nickname at work. Those that need to know my real name already do, and if you don't you only have to ask.
Hi Nick

For many of my earlier years I hated the name my parents saddled me with. However I’ve got used to it and am now quite happy with it so why should I want not to use it.  Well I guess it depends on how I’m using it.  I use a pseudonym on eBay where monetary matters are involved. But as far as this forum is concerned I am Howard and very pleased to be…

Cheers

Howard
I sympathise Howard, but imagine being saddled with a first name of 'Alvary'?

For the record, it is Middle English for 'Alfred'.

As to why it arrived with me...that is for me to know and others to find out...?
Imagine being called Richard Edward, as a distant relative, who hated the abbreviation of names, called one of her sons.
My name is Anthony Harman, named after a relative on my father's side (as my family did back then  Smile ).

Anthony Harman was a successful brewer in Tonbridge, owning three breweries and 20 or so public houses.

I inherited his subscription atlas of UK, a nice bracket clock and a few pieces of silver flatware- the rest of his fortune was spread far and wide  Sad
(12-09-2022, 08:19 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: ... I use a pseudonym on eBay where monetary matters are involved...

Yes, the same here but otherwise I generally use my real name.  On the odd occasion when I favour discretion I get my PA, Miss Mavis Enderby, to act on my behalf. Wink
No relation (as far as I am aware) but this is where my father, Robert, got his inspiration from in 1949 on the way to the maternity hospital...

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_my_p_edwk/...edw096.jpg
I shorten my surname to the first letter, purely due to being lazy
After 49 years, people still don't believe it is. However, it is.