The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Didn't Take Long....
We were there a few moments after 0800 on Tuesday, so that explains it Steve. I shall send a grovelling missive to Mr Dunford!
It would be very interesting to know how the Centenary Badge offered on eBay (Currently £77) came into the hands of the seller 'Mr Jim Pike'.

Does anyone know ?
(31-07-2022, 12:39 PM)PeteUU Wrote: It would be very interesting to know how the Centenary Badge offered on eBay (Currently £77) came into the hands of the seller 'Mr Jim Pike'.

Does anyone know ?

He is in the centenary programme - 1926 Chummy.
... and he could have purchased a second one at the event.
(31-07-2022, 12:54 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: ... and he could have purchased a second one at the event.

Really? I didn't know they were for sale, I would have bought one.

Anyway, back to the thread. The eBay auction has now ended, brace yourselves...

What to make of that? Clearly, he can do what he likes with his property - but it does seem to me 'unfortunate' that this was done. I think that I'll get mine engraved on the back with the registration and car numbers.
I bought an extra one as I feel the badge belongs with the car that attended; as I tend not to keep my cars for any great length of time I wanted one for myself too. Even at that price I'm not tempted to sell it!
That’s the difference between proper Austin 7 folk and the rest, Mike.
Alan Fairless
That’s a name that has not so far appeared on nav rally or historic tour entry lists, and now is never going to.
(01-08-2022, 05:05 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I bought an extra one as I feel the badge belongs with the car that attended; as I tend not to keep my cars for any great length of time I wanted one for myself too. ...

I would like "one for myself" too! 

I'm getting mixed messages here, my offer to buy one of the left over badges was rejected because I didn't take a car and yet now I learn they were for sale at the event.

If the organisers want to reconsider and sell one of the remaining badges to a genuine attendee I am willing to sign, in Castrol R if necessary, a declaration that I will never sell it.