The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Centenary question
Photo 
Tickets are still available online for the Austin 7 Centenary Festival to Prescott next Wednesday 20th July
Go to the Bugatti Owners Club Prescott / Events website

All in aid of Parkinson's UK 

Go to 

[Image: 2?ui=2&ik=af202864fa&attid=0.2&permmsgid...cf39f3b8a2]

Quote:100 Austin 7s representing all 100 years of motorsport will be taking to this historic Hill, including the fabulous Team Cars courtesy of BMM Gaydon, and of course H750F will be there !

[Image: 2?ui=2&ik=af202864fa&attid=0.1&permmsgid...c2a0ea9891]

750 Motor Club & VSCC will be in attendance

[Image: 2?ui=2&ik=af202864fa&attid=0.3&permmsgid...ccb971f163]

And some legendary cars will be on display

[Image: 2?ui=2&ik=af202864fa&attid=0.4&permmsgid...cf3ad530b4]

Has any other car played such an important part in motorsport history?

[Image: 2?ui=2&ik=af202864fa&attid=0.5&permmsgid...cd2ba43b85]

All in aid of Parkin

[url=https://youtu.be/8Z7WT019IGU][/url]
Charlie & Jeanine Plain-Jones
Prescott Festival on Facebook

Two questions if anyone still available to answer:

If I leave my tow car in the trailer park will I have access to it during the week? I’m thinking of leaving tools and stuff in the boot and stashing my autojumble loot.

In view of the hot weather and the fact that Judy doesn’t do heat well, we were thinking of arriving weds morning. I’ve accommodation booked from Tuesday. Will this be ok?

Edited to add : within ten minutes of posting this I had a phone call from a very nice man (I think) with an answer. In view of recent criticism I just thought I’d make that known. Thanks Ruairidh.
Alan Fairless
I assume that there will be an aerial photo of all the cars on the rally field on Saturday. Does anyone know at what time this might be? Are we expected to be with our cars then?
Many thanks.
Adrian
Hi 

Nearly ready…. Early start tomorrow..

Bet the packing won’t be as tidy on the way back  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   31EB7A6F-F31A-4F7B-9B92-24F3BF84F14E.jpeg (Size: 87.66 KB / Downloads: 541)
.jpeg   7A63F3FC-A559-4353-BCC0-B8E5D88EA9A2.jpeg (Size: 162.14 KB / Downloads: 542)
Watched the A7 Prescott Hill climb on the live Wednesday screening and it was very good coverage too. Many thanks to all those who made it possible.
Unfortunately I did not catch the name of the person who gave the commentary of the cars and occupants whilst on the climb. Can anyone positively name him?
Many thanks
It sounded like Geoff Roe, for many years the co-ordinator of the Bert Hadley Championship.
It was wonderful to be able to watch it on Youtube and I thought everyone did an amazing job. It was indeed Geoff Roe on the commentary as he identified himself when he signed off.
I do not envy the organisation committee’s task in everything they have done and I don’t expect any future Austin Seven meeting of cars and interested people on this scale will happen again. Well not for at least another 25 years. May I stress this is not a criticism but something that hindsight has brought to my notice by the swift selling out of tickets for the Centenary event. The venue although good and thought to be ideal for the event was not large enough all who wanted to attend.
May I once again point out this is not a criticism as I myself did not realise how popular the even would be. As a rider I wonder how many last minute day ticket (if they had been available) people would have attended if th weather had been wet and cold.

John Mason. I
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Many thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed the event.

It was just the right number of people and cars, any more would have been too much to oversee and handle. Once here, and on site, the reason for choosing the Fire Service College was crystal clear to all.

Unlike many larger events I have been to, not a spec of litter exists on site, the facilities were looked after and everyone followed the rules allowing a safe and enjoyable event, well done all.

After three years of planning many of us are now wondering what we will do with the spare time.

We look forward to the next event.
(25-07-2022, 11:21 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: ... After three years of planning many of us are now wondering what we will do with the spare time...

There's the post of Editor waiting to be filled... just sayin'!

(Not aimed at you, Ruairidh, but maybe someone else reading this from the organising team that suddenly finds a big hole in their life!)