The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Centenary question
Let the fun begin!
My only previous experience of an A7 on a trailer was the "Vintage and Veteran Drive into Europe" in 1972 when a hotted-up Jenson FF towed PL3002 in a rush to get the ferry. I kid you not, a section of loose chrome on the radiator shell was caused to peel back by the highly illegal velocity obtained. I asked the driver what speed rating the trailer tyres were. He paused briefly and said, "No idea, but I think they're remoulds".
Good lord, a breathed on FF towing a trailer. flat out. Was the mpg above double figures?
Hi all, well said Ruairidh, we will be towing from S.Wales, but like you we do drive our Ruby as much as possible. We as a club have a long week end in N.Wales every year where we travel over 400 miles, with out a "hitch", see you next week S&P
I am trailering my EB65 up from Cornwall !!!

I have had the car for over thirty years and done long journeys in the past ! including LE-JOG-LE in 5 days then on to Plymouth.
The day after I drove back to Lands End to see the last few cars arrive then drove back to Plymouth.
I am quite happy to drag it along whilst lounging in an airconditioned barge with the cruise control on.
Its still on the trailer after a little run up Shelsley Walsh the other weekend.

I look forward to seeing all the marvellous cars whether they are Driven Towed or arrive in the back of a Van.
Getting there is more important than the method of arrival.

See you all next week
After 540miles over three days the advance set up party has arrived at the Fire Service College!

It’s going to be a very busy few days but for tonight, we shall be mainly drinking cold beer and sitting on the sun deck!!

Marvellous! Good to see you made it OK. I just think it is worth mentioning that these people are members of the organising team, giving up yet more of their time to get the setup done ahead of opening on Tuesday 19th July. There is no general admission until then.
Splendid! Is your new neighbour Mr Barnes in his Eriba?
Mike, that is indeed Mr B and his Eriba. Which will be joined by ours tomorrow. 

I hate to say this, but Hugh's is bigger than mine.
You must have that wrong, Nick, he's only a little fellow!