The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Centenary question
Is that Clumber Park, Mike?
(14-07-2022, 10:38 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Don't feel inadequate Mike, I don't know what a trailer is! 
 Will be driving up on Tuesday, only 160 miles this time.

I agree, if you have an Austin Seven, why would you need a trailer?

There are exceptions, like Ruairidh of course and those with racers, but I think it’s sad that perfectly drivable Austins are trailered to events, driving there and back is all part of the fun!
An easy 100 miles for me yesterday, as part of the advance guard, pre-positioning the Cabriolet before I go back today for the set up this weekend. Nice journey across country and was there in just under 3 hours...
I feel quite strongly that people should do what they want.

For example, I will happily drive my A7s pretty much anywhere, but there are also times where I feel it is safer, or more practical, to trailer them.

Everyone will have a reason to do either and everyone’s reason is entirely justified.

The most important thing is that everyone gets there safely and in a way they are happy with.
(15-07-2022, 09:21 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The most important thing is that everyone gets there safely and in a way they are happy with.

I can’t argue with that, if anyone feels vulnerable or unsafe driving their Seven, by all means trailer it...I just love seeing them being driven.
We all do. Smile
I quite agree, Ruairidh; my comment was in jest.

It's one thing for me to drive 120 miles solo, another altogether for someone coming several hundred miles complete with passengers and camping gear! I hope, and believe, the days when we would scoff at someone bringing their Seven on a trailer are long gone.
Hi All

I’m putting my Seven in my window van for the drive to and from Moreton.  I would have been happy to drive there with its little camping trailer behind.  As we did for the midlands rally at Stratford on Avon in May.

BUT SWMBO is taking an inordinate amount of stuff, and demanding a decent porta potti, comfy chairs etc etc.  It will be seven days of camping for us and I can see her point especially in the likely heat.

I agree fully with Ruairidh that different strokes for different folks is fine in the A7 world and any hint of trailer shaming is not helpful.

Cheers

Howard
(15-07-2022, 10:31 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I quite agree, Ruairidh; my comment was in jest.

It's one thing for me to drive 120 miles solo, another altogether for someone coming several hundred miles complete with passengers and camping gear! I hope, and believe, the days when we would scoff at someone bringing their Seven on a trailer are long gone.

I know it was Mike - it was not pointed at anyone but a reminder to all that everyone has a reason to do what they do, be it health, time, age, lifestyle etc. etc.

Safe trip to you all Smile
Im trailering mine. Too bl***y lazy to drive it 4 up from Colchester with everything we need for a week's holiday piled around our ears...

Last minute preparations completed yesterday... only I wonder now if I should have gone for Swiss cheese instead?