The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Real quality look. I just love to see pure hand craftsmanship at work in days of computer games and computer manufacturing.
I'm intrigued by the louvres under the doors (or did I miss an earlier post), and being 6ft 3 I am also interested in the max human design height.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
We hope the sill plates add to design, the louvres align with those on the bonnet - both made by Andrew Goodfellow.

I am the exact same height as you Andy, I had to remove my right (steel toe capped) boot to drive it today, otherwise, I fit in very nicely.
Did you walk with a limp when you got out?
I am still inside Robert.

Help…
With a limp what exactly?
I think you might need a comma there Ruairidh. At least, I hope you do. "I am still inside, Robert" rather than "I am still inside Robert", which is an entirely different situation...!
We are good friends, leave us alone!
A lovely build for an Austin Seven Special.

In my mind much too posh for an Austin Seven though  Big Grin
What a ridiculous,mean spirited observation.
Can you produce an acceptable oiks version?
Goodness- I didn't mean to attract such a reply  Undecided

[b]Highland Sports Coupe[/b]
Ash framed bodyshell with ply skin, doors, boot, boot lid and steel floorplan with tunnel: £8950.
Steel bulkhead and toe-boards: £915
Supply and fit boot hinges and door hinges: £900.
(Does not include wings, bonnet or sill covers).

I think that building a car using the beautiful bodyshell here in Australia would cost A$70,000 at least, complete with all metalwork and painting and a suitable chassis and engine.

We Australian oiks are unlikely to pay over A$50,000 at most for an Austin Seven Special.