The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive it day 24th April
We made it to the British motor museum at Gaydon, the only Austin seven in attendance     
Plenty of Sevens on the roads in Cornwall today.  The Cornwall club met at the National Trust's Lanhydrock House near Bodmin with 20+ cars in attendance.

Brilliant turn out Alastair!

We will bee seeing some of these cars up in Scotland next Friday!
After gathering at Lanhydrock, most of us went for a for a short (20 mile) trundle in several loose convoys down the Fowey river valley to Golant.
The tide was out so we were able to cross the harbour with no difficulty.At high tide it becomes a giant ford 1/4 mile wide and 33 yards long.
(keep to the nearside!) Sorry no images yet
Bob
The Bristol Club had several meetings scheduled; we were at the eastern end, in rural Wiltshire, Avebury to be precise, where this Arcadian scene was noted. We had a picnic lunch and a walk around the stones plus an ice cream. Lovely weather today.

Had to run an errand,well post a late birthday card though the door so took Brum,a nice afternoon so took a couple of shots close to home on the way back.            
Layout of the loop tower on second photo,one of 15 on the island,the other one looking across to the old lighthouse keepers house (in white)and fort Doyle.The most northern point on Guernsey.
Loop towers built in 1778 when Britain was at war with the French.
Well, after enjoying a breakfast with other Tunbridge Wells PWA7C members this morning, this is how my "drive it day" ended. Pootling along a Kentish lane in convoy on the route to a vineyard at Biddenden, I heard two popping noises followed by a nasty unstable feeling from the car's rear axle. Two studs had sheared one after the other followed by the one remaining wheelnut stripping its thread. Realising that to ease recovery I needed 4 wheels on my wagon, I managed to get the wheel back on using a wheelnut from my spares kit on the single remaining stud.

[Image: 52027431301_acafae51d7_z.jpg]

Sue found this remainder of one of the studs a bit further back on the road.

[Image: 52027469388_0996d803ff_z.jpg]

These aren't the original factory studs, I replaced all of the car's wheel studs when I did a general makeover on the car  in the mid 80s. However they have worked quite hard over the years as a close look at the rear tyre in this shot taken at Lydden from the late 80s will show. Moral of the story for me is replace the wheel  studs at the same time as wheel bearing replacement.

[Image: 33402195931_2b27938ba0_z.jpg]

Recovery was via RH insurance which was remarkably hassle free, told them the issue over the phone, recovery truck was dispatched without any quibbling. we had come to a halt right outside a rather posh barn conversion where the owners kindly provided us with tea and biscuits and produced a couple of deckchairs for us to sit on whilst we were waiting.
Tea, biscuits, deckchairs...I’m glad I’m insured with RH!
Drive it day for the Cambridge Club was the occasion of our Annual Treasure hunt. The prize for the winner is not only the trophy but the honour of organising next year's event. This photo shows Adam Brown being declared winner, despite doing everything in his power not to and yours truly thrilled at coming second, the perfect place to finish...  ;o)

.jpg   winners and losers.jpg (Size: 90.25 KB / Downloads: 136)

photo credit: Michelle Lawrence
    Drive it day saw a few Cheshire members at the Crown in Goostrey for an enjoyable lunch meeting.