The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Replica Tax Discs
Photo 
If anyone is interested I can reproduce authentic reproduction tax discs for the years 1923 to 1956 

All I ask is £2.00 per disc to cover postage etc. This is only available to A7F's and my local clubs

Unfortunately I can't fathom out how to insert a picture to show the quality, hopefully some bright spark will show me how
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Barry,  Pm'd you.
Me too.
Barry, if you send an image to me at editor@a7ca.org I'll post it for you.

.jpg   tax discs.jpg (Size: 122.17 KB / Downloads: 617)
Tax discs recieved today.... Look very convincing.  

Thanks Barry
Received mine today and looks very good.

Came to complete it however and now realise I don't exactly know what I'm doing.

Although called an "Austin 7" I believe the actual RAC rating was 7.8 HP so should the HP box be filled in with an 8?

Also what would the fee have been?   I have a disc which would have expired on 31st December 1929.   From what I've managed to find it looks as though the tax rate at that time was £1-00-00 per HP so would the annual cost have been £8-00-00?

Finally I seem to recall that the seat capacity and unladen weight were only completed for goods vehicles but does anyone know if this is correct.

Thought I'd ask on the forum rather than PM Barry as the answers may help others.

John.
A wonderful bargain - compared to some!

Attached Files
.jpg   taxdisc.jpg (Size: 144.31 KB / Downloads: 393)
I think there were two sources of tax discs around, 15+ years ago, one on eBay photocopied in colour from original tax discs. The other was a company called Earlswood, still trading but under different management. Earlswood was started by an acquaintance of mine, they sought and paid for a reproduction licence from the appropriate authority, had dies made to punch authentic perforations and had dozens of rubber stamps to represent various issuing offices. Then they had printed the several dozen different annual disc designs, which differed depending on whether they were for 3, 6 or 12 months.
At the time I seem to remember that the discs were just shy of £50 a go, the set-up costs had been significant. I notice from their web site a disc is now £28 inc p&p
Just saying!
There is also Gregory Powell at http://www.poplargreg.com/taxdiscs/taxdi...xdiscs.htm

07710 267336  email: greg@poplargreg.com He offers, on approval, three discs for £7+ post.

He also offers to reprint free of charge (+ post) for any that become faded, damaged or lost.

I've had several from him and the quality is first-class, though there are no perforations.