The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DHU 992

.jpeg   IMG_5837 (1).JPEG (Size: 141.55 KB / Downloads: 347)

.jpeg   IMG_5537 (1).JPEG (Size: 131.63 KB / Downloads: 346)

The sporting chap who won yesterday's Inter Reg rally driving a product of Abingdon has had a moment of revelation, if not epiphany, and seeks a new and wonderful life driving a Seven in competition. We must therefore all help and encourage him. Does this "Ulster" have any history, what is known about it? Rod Yates body, engine attributed to Paul Bonewell. I have seen just these few photos. The scuttle tank is assisted by a the fuel pump on the Ruby crankcase to feed the two Amal carbs, not a familiar set up. Others may recognise the ali head more quickly than me just observing that it is not a Speedex or Cambridge head. A certain club might not like it but I suspect that it would be a welcome addition to Bert Hadley entries.
The head is a Whatmough Hewitt replica and as far as I can see the Amals have float bowls and therefore are not concentrics. If the rest is in order it should be eligible for the club in question, Steve. I don’t know the car but I’ll be interested to see how it goes.
Alan Fairless
Those look like AMAL 289s, which are rather large... I have a pair on my Morgan, which has an 1150cc twin reving to 6000rpm, and they are as big a carb as one would want on there...
The chassis number is 266099, I fear I do not know how to find the appropriate list. If just one of those carbs can make the "Ulster" accelerate anything like Mr Bromley's Morgan, then Bert Hadley competitors have a new threat to the leaders board.
https://a7ca.org/chassis-register/

It is an ARR Ruby Mk2, Maroon in colour, engine No. 289289, registered 23/03/1937, and the notes say: 2013-Sep – Ex CRN3 / 2007-May – Ebay Sale – Restoration Project.