The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I’m Bristolian and we are driving near Feshie Bridge!

She’s Glaswegian, through and through, however!
Poetry, mate, that Edmund Spenser made it all up. Particularly when he was working for Giles Havergall writing scripts at the Cits.
Perfect.

We flew the flag for Longbridge. The PWA7C team posing at Prescott, eagerly awaiting the results of the day's Inter Register Rally. Scrupulous timekeeping, incisively  accurate plotting and masterful navvying kept the members  of the Seven Team securely in the top ten in the results. Flying helmets  were swapped for mariner's hats, necessary for the lanes of Gloucestershire.
Great to see a bit of patina! Well done all.
Hi Steve

Looks like you had a great time!  Wish I’d been out in one of my Sevens, instead of which I was hauling gravel around the garden making a dryish path through the quagmire that is our Welsh garden!

I did get chance to finish turning up a new filler neck for a radiator recently purchased.  Bought as a 16” re-cored radiator it turned out to be a Box radiator with a 16” core.  The filler neck in the wrong position for the earlier 16” cowl. So I removed the neck, blanked it off and will solder in the new neck tomorrow.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4590.jpeg (Size: 89.68 KB / Downloads: 171)
Nice bit of soldering Howard. 
  You are going to need a flange on the neck otherwise with the vibration it will crack and then leak. 
I know this from experience!
Hi Robert

Thanks for the compliment and advice to flange the neck.

The neck does have a 1/8” ‘spigot?’ (Not sure what to call it).  Will this be enough?

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4591.jpeg (Size: 124.28 KB / Downloads: 100)
Nice work Howard. I haven’t done this mod so defer to Robert.
If you’d silver soldered the neck to the patch before soft soldering the patch……. But that’s not helpful, is it?
(20-10-2024, 08:44 AM)Charles P Wrote: Nice work Howard. I haven’t done this mod so defer to Robert.
If you’d silver soldered the neck to the patch before soft soldering the patch……. But that’s not helpful, is it?

Thanks Charles,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!  I guess I could just unsolder the patch, silver solder the neck then re solder the patch, although it’s never as neat as when first done.

Cheers

Howard