The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster "replica" ...a perfection-led copy?
There are very few "exacting" replicas around, even some "original" cars have been rebodied somewhat inaccurately. As far as I can tell all the commercially available bodies have details that are not correct and which allow the trained eye to discern them from truly authentic and original cars. Some may say this fact is important to stop fakes being passed off as real, and of course "detail" only really matters to a very small number of discerning enthusiasts but is still worth noting in my opinion.
Black Art Enthusiast
(10-10-2024, 11:36 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: That looks like a proper job; and really pretty. Might you have some more pictures?

We have hundreds, I will send you some on WhatsApp, Tony.
That paint is far too shiny Ruairidh, I can see the gravel reflected in it!
What on earth is going on with the radiator on the maroon special?
(11-10-2024, 08:18 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: That paint is far too shiny Ruairidh, I can see the gravel reflected in it!

This car is going to live on the Isle of Lewis - the shine won’t last long…
(10-10-2024, 07:15 PM)Steve kay Wrote: This is either turbo-AI  nonsense, or the writer needs some serious help,.........

I think we have to appreciate that the writer had nothing to do with the car, and probably no knowledge or understanding of this type of car. Reading carefully, it was built by his father and grandfather, who are now no longer with us.

Ignore the words and maybe the car is a competent special.
(11-10-2024, 09:28 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: What on earth is going on with the radiator on the maroon special?

I suspect it's something to do with this...

Ah, thanks Nick…a proper special then!
Good to see a flying grommet...
I think for that price I would expect a hood and tonneau cover.