The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster "replica" ...a perfection-led copy?
https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1789914
No doubt that many hours and much expense were indeed spent building this, but the text claims: "..many painstakingly, perfection led hours" It always puzzles me why, with so much data available and original cars to view, people make parts that differ from the original i.e. not "perfection-led". e.g. the touring wings on this car would have been custom-made and look vaguely correct - yet differ considerably in profile from originals - and there is a lot else wrong as well. Mind you, the text is as amusing as ever.
Hi Tony

To what car are you referring? No link in your post ?.

Cheers

Howard
It's perhaps a question of recognising bullsh1t? Only a pedant might notice the difference?
(10-10-2024, 04:15 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Tony

To what car are you referring?  No link in your post ?.

Cheers

Howard

My apologies - now added. https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1789914
This is either turbo-AI nonsense, or the writer needs some serious help, and probably medication. Crowds could gather to watch the medication being administered. Many pharmacists and even more vets would be amazed by the quality of medication being administered. Medication administrators have attended conferences to discuss the correct uniqueness and accuracy of several original components. A retired choreographer from the Ballet Russes has confirmed that the shapes and movements of the wings and running boards originated on the set of Sacre de Printemps in Paris in 1913. Cont p94…….
Hi Tony

I think the wings are the least of this cars originality problems.

Cheers

Howard
My old Ulster, an original car with genuine engine, although the original body has been replaced since my ownership, can be bought for a little over this one's price.
Despite the fact that most Ulster replicas come with Rod Yates bodies, I think this is Compound Curvetures body (Ray Pettet). I can't explain why, but somehow they are a little bit prettier...

The view under the bonnet is disappointing for 35k.

Mike, I would rather buy your former car than this one! But I already have an Ulster...
We have just finished building this one, for considerably less…

Compound curvature body.
That looks like a proper job; and really pretty. Might you have some more pictures?