The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
The maroon Ruby appears to have a metal sun roof (unless it was filled in, like many were).
This may have something to do with my recent failure to proceed. Is this a fault others have encountered?    
(6 hours ago)Hugh Barnes Wrote: This may have something to do with my recent failure to proceed. Is this a fault others have encountered?

Yes I have come across this fault a number of times, mainly with cheaper replacement parts.

(9 hours ago)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: The maroon Ruby appears to have a metal sun roof (unless it was filled in, like many were).

I looked at this and it no longer opens. A flat metal sheet has the edges covered with aluminium extrusions fastened with small countersunk screws and mitred corners. It is all spray painted along with the body.
Yes!! I've got one like that. Stopped me as well but its replacement transformed the car Smile

Steve
Well, well. Replacement parts may well be the culprit here. A root through the spares collection turned up a box of old distributors that offered up an excellent treplacement that must be 40 years old if not more. And, hey presto!!
I think that mine may have been 40 years or so old, Hugh. They were always 'just there'. It had always run OKish buit starting had become worse and. eventually out of the blue, it just stopped working one day. Drove into my drive, stopped the engine, opened the garage door and the engine wouldn't start. This straight after a week away when we'd done 200 miles or so. New points set and it was like I'd fitted a new engine. Instant starting (doesn't even turn a full rev until it's off) and 300 miles or so in Scotland this last mid year running better than it's ever done. Moral: Fit a new set of points.

Steve
Likewise...