The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calormeter too short
Hi
I have a calormeter, that I want to use for my car but it is too short for the long neck radiator.
It is possible to extend the tube to reach into the water ?

thanks, Oliver
Oliver,

Mine too. I was assured it would work perfectly well in the hot vapour above the water, which it did but then I came over all doubtful and shrank a piece of copper tube over the stem to extend it to see what happened. As far as I can tell it made no difference.

Regards,

Stuart
I have a Boyce motameter fitted to my special and it works well just relying on the hot water vapour and not touching the water surface.
Not sure that you have a short Boyce meter. I just went back to the workshop to measure the two that for obscure reasons I had been looking at this afternoon. One was 2 3/4” and one 3 3/4” long. Both seem to work perfectly in the steam of the header tank, not needing to have their lower end in the water.
I have a Calormeter on my car. That doesn't touch the water in the header tank either but works just fine.