The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1930 type Dip Stick
I had a small 'incident' at Harewood yesterday. Whilst the car was upside down it seems the dipstick fell out . That explained why there was engine oil all over the place once righted. However, the dipstick is now lost and I have no spare. They are simple to make but before I do that, has anybody got one they don't need?

Steve
Perfect Tim Birkin type understatement! "Bit of an incident, and the dipstick fell out!" Presumably not a magneto engine dipstick, otherwise you would have borrowed a metal detector and spent hours combing the trackside trying to find it.
There are more conventional ways to change the oil Steve
I think that I can get hold of one for you - I'll have a look and let you know.
I am pleased to report that Steve got away with his unintended inversion with a few bruises.   It was a gentle roll as they go but worrying to those of us who were watching.  The dipstick is on the inside of the track just after the exit of Farmhouse bend.
Is that the 3rd time now Steve ?
You shouldn't be counting, Dave, you've too good a memory Rolleyes

Maybe I should re-title this 'Dip Stick looking for a Dip Stick' Dodgy

Steve
Hi Steve

Our mutual friend from Rhayader sends his best wishes for your bruises to heal quickly.

Cheers

Howard
[Maybe I should re-title this 'Dip Stick looking for a Dip Stick' Dodgy]

Wouldn't that be classed as "inverted" snobbery?
When I used to bounce for Steve on trials there was always a spare Dip-stick in the car!