The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Books
Photo 
What do I do with this lot, I would offer them for sale, but as I reside in France, there is little call for them and postage to UK is prohibitive and not helped by import/export charges - for example my wife bought (bless her) some hand cream from Scotland, she paid £12 for the product, £8:50 postage and 12€ for customs and handling.  We went to post some hand knitted socks to Australia (same postal charges as to the UK) and would have needed to pay 32€. Fortunately a friend was flying to the UK and posted them there and paid about £5:80 - The world has gone mad.
Goodness knows how much they would charge a UK buyer for one of the heavier books!  The box in the photo weighs in at about 4Kg

Bob  
Ps similar problem with a 1932 gearbox, 2 usable 1/2 shafts, SU carb and manifold, diff etc
The problem is that I rarely come to the UK by car and not sure RYANAIR would like a gearbox in the cabin luggage.

Bottom left, the Austin brochure, might be of interest to the Archive. Can you confirm its publication number please? As for postage I could probably provide a French accommodation address where it would wait collection..

Thanks
If of any help, I shall be staying in St Omer for a few nights in early October and could bring back the brochure for the Archive.
Bob,

I know what you mean. I've had complex dealings with eBay sellers who simply won't send stuff here since you-know-what.

Your best bet, either to make a sale, or to at least pass things on where they'll be appreciated, will be to hook up with someone else who either has an address in France or tos and fros across La Manche from time to time. I can think of 2 or 3 off the cuff, though possibly not so near to you.
Publication 1030B  (1934 ?)

I've just noticed Rinsey Mills' book features EP5830 on the front cover, one digit different from my first A7 in 1959 EP5430, sadly scrapped for lack of value after rear axle failure away from home in 1963 after about 30,000 miles.