The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Pressure Gauge Problem
My oil pressure gauge just works, and has never been bled. I find it very useful as a temperature gauge so I know if/when the engine is up to temperature. starting from cold it is off the scale, as the pressure comes down to 5 and less I know the engine is finally up to running temperature.
I have spent the last hour or so dismantling the dash and bleeding the oil pressure gauge pipe. I am sorry to say that the gauge does not behave any differently. I have also had the gauge apart as much as I can and sufficiently the check that the needle is neither fouling the glass nor the face. I fear, therefore that the fault lies with some mechanical derangement within.
I’m sorry to hear that David, the bleeding trick worked for me, so it must be the internal workings of the gauge, as you say…I think a replacement might be the best option, while you get your current one on the bench.
Correct size located, David, tested and on it's way to you. Hope it helps.
Thank you Ruairidh. I am more than grateful!