The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Pressure Gauge Problem
The oil pressure gauge on my RP is playing up.  When the engine is warm and idling, and the oil pressure sinks to zero, it sticks at zero when the engine is increased and the running oil pressure is between 2 and 4 lbs until I tap it, whereupon it begins to read the oil pressure again.

Has anyone had one to bits or can otherwise offer a fix for this please? Alternatively, has anyone got a spare 0 to 10 lbs gauge they would,be willing to sell?
I have an oil pressure gauge you can have, David.

PM me your postal address, along with a photo of the type you currently have fitted.
That is very kind of you Ruairidh. I shall PM you tomorrow when I can get into the garage. Thank you.
I had this problem with a David Harcourt gauge. Problem was that the needle centre was binding ever so slightly on the underside of the glass. Removed the cover/glass and slightly elongated the side screw holes such that when reassembled a slight clearance existed between the needle centre and the glass.

Steve
Ruairidh, being a complete dunce, I couldn’t find out how to attach a photo to a private message. Herewith photo of the gauge in question.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That’s the standard gauge David, I had a similar problem with mine, I loosened the olive nut on the back of the gauge and “bled” it with the engine running and it’s as good as gold now.
I have some, David - try the bleed and let me know if you still want it sent down to you.
Thank you, gentlemen for your replies. I shall try bleeding the feed pipe over the weekend and will report back.
I forgot to say, it can get a bit messy, don’t wear your best tweeds!
(13-09-2024, 11:11 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I forgot to say, it can get a bit messy, don’t wear your best tweeds!

I was just about to chip in - don't try that with a pressure-fed engine....