The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
hi Daisy
car project is looking fabulous, but it might worthwhile to further consider your ultimate colour choice, taking into consideration the unique features of your beautiful car, such as:
- the body shape is obviously quite unique, but .......... it ulitimately still remains an A7. it is not a US style hotrod. it is a A7 with a body that could have been created around the 1930 time period.

- taking these factors into account it is (in my view) important that your car be seen as a seriousl example of what could have been as an art-deco car of the 30's. this suggests that the colour, whilst showing "character" should preferably be comtempurate with the period.

you might like to take these thoughts into account when taking the final decision on the body colour. hopefully you will come up with a colour that does justice to what will be an extra-ordinary interpretation of the Austin Seven in all its glory.

I give you sincere congratulation in having the courage to build this beautiful machine and look forward to seeing the car in person in the UK sometime in the future

have fun
Bernard Snoodyk
Myrtleford Vic Australia
Daisy. With the interest in your furgoncino sette gran turismo now world wide, when completed, I suggest you have a word with Dad to the effect that a World Tour be made in it. I'm sure he'll agree and also to fund it!. Take a gap year before uni. perhaps?
OOh you are awful! (but I like you!)
"furgoncino sette gran turismo"

On a par with the Ferrari 250 GT 'Breadvan' from the early '60s, perhaps?
A pitiful cry, sky-blue pink, yellow with spots but please, please, please, ANYTHING but purple!
Yellow and black stripes like a wasp?

.jpg   Wilsons-Wasp-October-13th-2021-j-ed-ws-b.jpg (Size: 308.54 KB / Downloads: 100)
That’s a super car, the man who built it helped Daisy with design ideas.

The gentleman who paints all our cars has offered to paint Daisy’s FOC - she got a tour of the works a few weeks ago and discussed colours with him.

Thanks for your input, Bernard, very close to my own view.  Chris knows me rather too well, oh to world tour in it, utter bliss.

At the end of the day, the colour choice will be Daisy's, but I am also inclined to agree with Bernard's assessment. The shape of the car speaks for itself in its elegance and I would have thought that a fairly restrained colour scheme would only enhance that. perhaps a look at some of the 'art deco' colour schemes the French adopted for such cars as Bugatti, Delage or Delahaye might provide some inspiration.
She is very much going along those lines of research, David.

She will report back soon, once she has a chance to sit down and read all your helpful replies.
Hi Daisy

You should try and read an article on Sonia Delaunay in ‘The Automobile’ this month. She painted cars of the era (20s) in quite flamboyant but very tasteful schemes. Very ‘art nouveau’.

Cheers

Howard