The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Austin Seven Owner
To underline what Reckless says, the cotter pins are of the "half moon cutout" type, not taper pins like a bicycle crank. The same sort of cotter is used on the fan spindle tension adjuster. Many folks have hammered away at these in the past in a doomed attempt to remove them with the kingpin still in place, at best they have got nowhere, at worst they have broken something !
Im glad to have been told this because I certainly would have tried removing the cotter otherwise!
SRVBTGNYUMI,KOL.P;['][-POI8U7Y6T5R4321`
Excuse my ignorance Chris, but what does your character string mean? Google does not recognise it.
I think his cat just walked across the keyboard...
I think Chris has been on the gin!
Regarding the Bowdenex replacement front brake cables.... I drove for about 4 years with the Bowdenex cables, then when fitting a new spring and a different axle following accident damage I was recommended to revert to standard cables. I've been driving on the original type cables for a few weeks now. I can't tell any difference.
Chris' post is code for the secret to complete and eternal Austin SevenĀ  knowledge. None of us will ever decipher it...
The meaning of all A7 knowledge and of life, is 42
Chris I've been thinking the same thing for years, I'm glad someone has finally came out and said it